+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work experience supporting documents

sreekanth414

Oct 16, 2017
India
Hello,

I have 8+ years of IT experience with different roles. I have worked at 5 companies. I have experience certificates of all companies with only Designation about the job. Do I need to get document with Roles and Responsibilities from all the companies or only current and past company?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need duties/responsibilities for any job for which you are claiming points and/or for any job which makes you eligible under the program you are applying for.

sreekanth414

Oct 16, 2017
India
Thanks a lot for your response. I am not sure I can produce these documents, can you please suggest me on below points

1. My first company, I dont think they will provide such documents
2. My second company, its no more.

What can i do in these cases

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Ask a former colleague to write a reference letter in plain paper and provide proof they worked for such company.
2 - See 1 and provide a LOE stating the company doesn't exist anymore.

sreekanth414

Oct 16, 2017
India
Thanks DelPiero, I tried to contact my 1st company, theres no way to even contact them, I am going with former collegue reference letter, hope they will not reject it.

Last edited:

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
1 - Ask a former colleague to write a reference letter in plain paper and provide proof they worked for such company.
2 - See 1 and provide a LOE stating the company doesn't exist anymore.
A former colleague's confirmation would be enough or do we need this from the manager/supervisor in specific?

Nouvel Espoir

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021
You need duties/responsibilities for any job for which you are claiming points and/or for any job which makes you eligible under the program you are applying for.
Hello DelPiero07,

I have two questions please:

1. Is the work reference letter only required for jobs for which you are claiming points? I have nearly 17 years of experience and have the relieving letters from all my previous employers. Of which, I can only claim points for the past 5 years (which is my current organization - I intend to ask for this work letter once I receive the ITA). However, for the remaining 12 years of experience, I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to go to all my past organizations (nearly 6 of them).

2. My spouse has been a freelancer / self-employed for the past 8 years - has little to no proof of this though because the freelancers market is pretty unregulated. Prior to which, he worked for some very big brands and may be able to get work certificates from them.

P.S.: I haven't created an express entry profile yet. Am just trying to be well prepared before we start the process.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Best,
NE