+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work experience - is salary stub necessary ?

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If someone can provide reference letter, is it still required to provide salary stubs ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not necessary if your reference/experience letter mentions salary - the logic being that CIC wants confirmation that this was paid employment not unpaid voluntary/freelance/internship gig.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not necessary but if you have it, it doesn't harm if you include it . I view it as anything that could make your application strengthened can be included,

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think payslips are important since it proves your current employment with the employer. A reference letter can be taken any time after you join the employer but how do you prove that you are still associated with the employer. It is through the latest payslips. I would suggest you to arrange the last 3 months payslips.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
nokia3315 said:
If someone can provide reference letter, is it still required to provide salary stubs ?
The work experience letter should clearly state whether it was full time or part time job and how much you were paid. The salary is already reflected in your bank statements. That might be a cross check for them.

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
The work experience letter should clearly state whether it was full time or part time job and how much you were paid. The salary is already reflected in your bank statements. That might be a cross check for them.
Provided the applicant shares the statement of the salary bank account.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
sunichak said:
Provided the applicant shares the statement of the salary bank account.
Basic & Mandatory requirement is the reference letter (According to CIC)
Addition of Anything else (Pay stubs/Contract), is a luxury.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sunichak said:
I think payslips are important since it proves your current employment with the employer.

Reference letters are required for past employment as well, the OP did not say it was current employment.

A reference letter can be taken any time after you join the employer but how do you prove that you are still associated with the employer. It is through the latest payslips.

Many people have made this mistake and been refused. It is not true that the reference letter can be taken "any time," the date on the letter is the "end date" that CIC will use to calculate your eligibility. Paystubs do not state your duties and responsibilities, you can only get credit for skilled work when you have proof of duties and responsibilities, therefore the date on the letter of reference is CRITICAL.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nokia3315 said:
No, it is not required. You have to look at the totality of your evidence and decide if you need more proof. A strong complete letter of reference is always the best start. If your remuneration is an annual salary, you usually don't need this (as long as, for example, you can provide a T4 or equivalent document).

Applicants who are paid on an hourly basis and whose hours may vary by week may need to provide more evidence - paystubs can help in that case.

martinsdaddy

Jul 24, 2015
Maldives
nokia3315 said:
If you have the pay stubs, please please upload them. If you can, upload all of them-for the required experience you are claiming. This is not mandatory, but it will help considerably if they find deficiencies in your application or say an error in you employment reference letter (which is possible by the way). They'll look at all available documents before making a decision. That is why when people are rejected it is clearly stated that the honors is up to the applicant to provide all necessary supporting documents to satisfy the visa officer. SO IF YOU HAVE IT, PLEASE PROVIDE IT. But if you do not have it, then it won't be a problem. But I'll urge you to strongly consider submitting them.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martinsdaddy said:
If you have the pay stubs, please please upload them. If you can, upload all of them-for the required experience you are claiming. This is not mandatory, but it will help considerably if they find deficiencies in your application or say an error in you employment reference letter (which is possible by the way). They'll look at all available documents before making a decision. That is why when people are rejected it is clearly stated that the honors is up to the applicant to provide all necessary supporting documents to satisfy the visa officer. SO IF YOU HAVE IT, PLEASE PROVIDE IT. But if you do not have it, then it won't be a problem. But I'll urge you to strongly consider submitting them.
Pay stubs can only serve as replacement evidence if your reference letter doesn't explicitly mention that your work experience was paid in nature. They cannot replace the reference letter in any other manner. On the hierarchy of documentary evidence to prove full time paid work experience acquired under NOC 0/A/B within the last 10 years, pay stubs are almost at the very bottom.

martinsdaddy

Jul 24, 2015
Maldives
Asivad Anac said:
Pay stubs can only serve as replacement evidence if your reference letter doesn't explicitly mention that your work experience was paid in nature. They cannot replace the reference letter in any other manner. On the hierarchy of documentary evidence to prove full time paid work experience acquired under NOC 0/A/B within the last 10 years, pay stubs are almost at the very bottom.
My post did not suggest that pay stubs should be used as replacement evidence, rather they are supporting evidence. I even gave examples to substantiate same. Again, I emphasize, if he has pay stubs, he can submit them- it's a plus and not a minus. It is clearly stated as a further proof of work experience, so this should not be a debate. I'm quite sure of this as it worked for me.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martinsdaddy said:
My post did not suggest that pay stubs should be used as replacement evidence, rather they are supporting evidence. I even gave examples to substantiate same. Again, I emphasize, if he has pay stubs, he can submit them- it's a plus and not a minus. It is clearly stated as a further proof of work experience, so this should not be a debate. I'm quite sure of this as it worked for me.
Very true, I claimed 5 years work experience but added the last one year up to the month I submitted , my reference letter was very detailed but I had the pay stubs as we get it monthly in my email so it wasn't a hassle getting them and attaching them to my application , I even added my annual tax payment summary from tax office, again I had all in my email. From my many years of applying for visas ( thinking back , I have made many applications) I have come to the conclusion that adding VALID additional documents does your application no harm, it only gives your VO no reason to doubt the genuinty of your application . By the way, when you make an application, the only thing VOs look for are faults and not things you have done right .

jiffyann007

Jan 11, 2018
I have a query based on the same line. I have worked 2 years, one at my uncles company and the other with my fathers business, both professional jobs. However I wasnt payed a formal salary. How will I state this in the reference letter as I cannot provide a pay stub.?

nsnancy

Jan 21, 2018
if one have worked in an organisation for 1 year,ten months and then it was continued without salary.Will experience will be counted for whole the time or only salaried periods?