+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of settlement and how many times to prove!!!

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
How often does the CIC ask for proof of settlement? I am still to send my supported documents along with bank statement. Will they ask for that statement again later on?

Thank you.

C

cchabert

Yes when you land, if you don;t show your funds (either cashier checks or banks statements) at the border they will send you back.

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
Two question:
1. Do people usually take the entire money with them or they just take the $ 10.000,00 and the rest later on and how do they take the money?

2. Also, does the CIC ask you to show proof of funds again? Not when you land, but to send to CIC office while they are processing your case?

C

cchabert

1.- You can travel with the necessary cash to paid your hotel and meals and the rest is in the bank, I don't know over seas but here in the USA you can open the bank account with RBC and when you land you open another one and later you transfer your money online, that simple.

2.- If they see big amounts of deposits they can ask for more bank statements, you don;t suppose to receive the money as a loan from anybody, it's on CIC instructions.

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
But if I show a bank letter how will they know if I had a large amount deposit. What happens is that my wife's boss gave her $ 15,000.00 as bonus for working 15 years for her an she left the job. Now, I am trying to deposit this money and I do not How I should do it. I have only 2 weeks to send the bank statement and I need to dposit another $ 6,000.00.

Thanks.

Dhanan

Mar 4, 2009
How does the CIC verify that the fund is not loaned from a friend? Does it need to be reflected in the bank statement that the amount has been in the account for a stipulated period of time?

C

cchabert

If your wife receive a bonus she must sign a receipt, just include that with the bank statement, every big amount you may or may not need to proof where it came from.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
my opinion, you don't need to provide the detail of where the money comes from. just show the balance of your bank statement and should be accepted by CIC. you can even print an online statement, that's what I did and was accepted.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
You do not need to prove where its from as long as you have it to show either as a bank statement (if from the US) or hard cash.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
The sources of any funds or assets in your possession for less than one year should be
identified.

Dhanan

Mar 4, 2009
Is an ATM receipt from Chase bank in US acceptable by CIC? Because though it's my own money, a bank statement may reflect recent activities (transferred from my Singapore a/c) and raise unnecessary questions. Or will they accept if I explain?

C

cchabert

Dhanan said:
Is an ATM receipt from Chase bank in US acceptable by CIC? Because though it's my own money, a bank statement may reflect recent activities (transferred from my Singapore a/c) and raise unnecessary questions. Or will they accept if I explain?
I'll wait to the next month statement

Dhanan

Mar 4, 2009
Or if someone sends me a draft from Singapore on my name in USD or CAD, can I just take that and show?

Thanks.