+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of separation of former Spouse

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:
ok I'm filling up forms too and I'm almost done to late to start all over again with the new one however i have a question inth IM0008 the question ur current marital status, there is no conjugal partnership there how do I go about that? Thanks in adavance
Answer whatever you are, i.e. single, divorced, etc.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
I'm not divorced since I'm from the Philippines, and I'm not legally separated either cus we didnt go to court to have that. Me and my partner are applying for conjugal partnership and there is no option in that category the closest one is common law.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:
I'm not divorced since I'm from the Philippines, and I'm not legally separated either cus we didnt go to court to have that. Me and my partner are applying for conjugal partnership and there is no option in that category the closest one is common law.
There is no legal separation in Canadian law. If you and your spouse are not together, check Separated.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
ok thanks but these are the only options on the form; Never married, Annuled marriage, Married, Divorced, Widowed, Common law and legally separated

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:
ok thanks but these are the only options on the form; Never married, Annuled marriage, Married, Divorced, Widowed, Common law and legally separated
Ok, I wasn't clear in my previous post. You don't need a court document to be considered legally separated in Canadian law. If you are not together with your spouse anymore (i.e. not living together, no longer in a "marriage-like" relationship) you are considered legally separated.

Boracay

Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome.

What you mention above, I think contradicts the advice I got.

for example my partner should put her CURRENT status.

For example technically she is still married to her estranged husband. But we ticked that she is common law with me. because that's her current status.

For emrn I think I'd put Common Law, as it's the status closest to her current relationship. Maybe with a note separate paper explaining why you chose that (conjugal not mentioned) If she chose separated she is choosing the status of her husband before not her current partner.

I could be wrong of course but that's how I'd figure it would be done

Boracay

Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way.....as to the original question I asked

What we ended up doing is writing an explanation stating that she has had no former contact with her previous spouse since xxx she has no interest in contact him and has no way to contact him regardless. Then we got the statement notarized.

We hope that with this document and along with the proof that we have lived together on a tiny 8km x 1km island for 9 months and spent the other 3 months traveling throughout SE Asia that it's extremely unlikely she could still be in a relationship together.

nidhaan231288

Feb 27, 2015
Hiee friends i am from india i am also separated from mi husband
i have fired the pr app using an affidavit nd believe me it works

the only question is dat i am having a son whose 3. since me nd mi husband are not legally separated or divorced. How do i proove dat i have d right to take mi son along. I cant apply a custody case as he is already with me, moreover neither he is above 5 nor r v getting legally separated or divorced as yet?

I am in a veryy tough situation plzzzz help friends!!!! :-[ :( ???

lagunaboy

Jan 18, 2017
hello tanong ko lang po:

part ng application ko as dependant ay yung common law wife ko. isa sa needed docs eh yung separation agreement nila ng asawa nya.

ang tanong ko po ay pwede po ba ipasa cic yun na hindi notarized? sinubukan ko kasi namin ipa notorized pero tinatanggihan po ng mga law office at hindi daw nila pwede inotarized yun dahil labag sa batas ng philippines.

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
I come from a country that got divorce back in 2011 but to get a divorce you need to be legally seperated for 4 years before can apply for divorce. In my case when our marriage broke up, we sat down and split accordingly and i gave my ex her belongings and we signed a contract to formally end our marriage without anyone one of us being a beneficiary to one another. We had no kids. After a year living together with my partner here in Canada we applied common law and presented our seperation contract which the lawyer said is enough proof. Hopefully it works out

Sku11cracker

Feb 5, 2018
Hello there Nice2010! I am a Filipino and I am separated from my wife and she doesn't want herself to be examined. She will not cooperate with my pr application. Need your advice please, I've had so many sleepless nights because of this problem.

Innd

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hello there Nice2010! I am a Filipino and I am separated from my wife and she doesn't want herself to be examined. She will not cooperate with my pr application. Need your advice please, I've had so many sleepless nights because of this problem.
Hi there, my partner is in similar situation with his wife in the Philippines. Please help how did you guys proved that they were no longer together without a separation agreement? Please help! We would appreciate it.