+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Residency in Canada

Invicta

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
Hi everyone,

I received my ITA in the last round and am now preparing supporting documents. I have an aunt who immigrated to Canada more than 20 years ago, so I claimed that to receive 5 additional points when determining eligibility for Express Entry. I now need to provide proof that she actually lives in Canada, but they do not have mortgage and utility bills are all under her husband's name. What can I do in this case?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Invicta said:
Hi everyone,

I received my ITA in the last round and am now preparing supporting documents. I have an aunt who immigrated to Canada more than 20 years ago, so I claimed that to receive 5 additional points when determining eligibility for Express Entry. I now need to provide proof that she actually lives in Canada, but they do not have mortgage and utility bills are all under her husband's name. What can I do in this case?
Tax returns?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Her Canadian passport or pr card?

Yamama

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your Aunts SIN numbers last 4 digits OR medical cards number are unique for the PR which are always dsiticnct for the expatriates living in CANADA... give it a shot ... I am sure CIC will accept it as a proof of her residency in Canada.

Cheers ;)

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
For Proof of address you can show:
  • Bank statements (Chequing or saving Account) that has her address on them
  • Paystubs that shows her account and her address on them
  • Utility bills that are under her name and has her address on them

For proof of residency, you need to show her copy of PR card and landing paper. These are two different subjects. When you apply after getting your ITA, you will be asked this in two different places to upload documents. make sure you upload the right one.

[/list]