+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship

sasj110

Feb 3, 2017
Hello Everyone, Can some one please help me understand what this means? In my application i mentioned i have an aunt living in canada as a permanent residence. on the documents upload page there is a section which states.....

Document: Proof of Relationship
You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:

a marriage certificate
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
a birth certificate
an official document naming you as a parent
a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable

I have confused what this means and what i have to upload here. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
I had used this checklist for "Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada"

This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
1. A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
2. Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
3. Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sasj110 said:
Hello Everyone, Can some one please help me understand what this means? In my application i mentioned i have an aunt living in canada as a permanent residence. on the documents upload page there is a section which states.....

Document: Proof of Relationship
You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:

a marriage certificate
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
a birth certificate
an official document naming you as a parent
a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable

I have confused what this means and what i have to upload here. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
for proof of relationship,you could upload your aunt's birth cert as well as your parent's birth cert which shows same father or mother...you may also want to upload your own birth cert..this is how im gonna do it.

callofduty

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
badz2 said:
for proof of relationship,you could upload your aunt's birth cert as well as your parent's birth cert which shows same father or mother...you may also want to upload your own birth cert..this is how im gonna do it.

what if my uncle does not birth certificate? what should i do? I only can provide my uncle's PR card and passport. In order to avoid proving proof of relationship, can I say that i do not have uncle in Canada?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
callofduty said:
what if my uncle does not birth certificate? what should i do? I only can provide my uncle's PR card and passport. In order to avoid proving proof of relationship, can I say that i do not have uncle in Canada?
Yes, you can say that you don't have anyone.

However, there my be an official document stating your uncle's mother or father name. The National ID card of birth country also mentions this. May be you can get hold of that, and your Father/Mothers ID Card, stating same parent name, and you can claim edge.

hafeez_y2j

Mar 13, 2015
Hello, My mother's PR application is being processed in London visa office. They has asked for a proof of relationship and I have provided them a Family registration certificate (FRC) from NADRA which was turned down by the visa officer. However, FRC was accepted a proof of relationship when super visa was applied. Neither my passport nor my educational documents shows my mother's name. However, my mother's passport issued back in 1990, shows my name and date of birth on it as I might have traveled on her passport back then. . Can i submit that along with LOE/Affidavit?