+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship- photos

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of submitting my application for my spouse under the spouse sponsorship category. I have a question regarding the proof of relationship. In the Application guide (Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire) , CIC advised us to include photos of trips, wedding and so on.

Should i photo print those pictures and submit it loose with the Application or Should i write a explanation letter about the development of realationship in a word document and place the pictures in that document with some captions underneath it ?

Which way should i proceed with and submit the application. Please advise , Thanks

phamhainguyen68

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront in Aug 2015
Interview........
Recommend Waived on 05-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016 (received on 21-06-2016)
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Hi Sansglee,

Either approach is fine. But I highly recommend the second method, which is to "write a explanation letter about the development of realationship in a word document and place the pictures in that document with some captions underneath". This approach provides more organized documentation for the VO to look through your case (we do not want to trouble them, do we ;D), and it environmental friendly as well since you use normal paper and can put two or three pics in one.

We used this approach for our application. I have learned a lot about organizing the documents through this post:http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html.

Hope the information would help you.

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
I organized all the photos chronologically into events, and then put them in a Microsoft Word document with captions below each photo with the exact date and significance/summary of the photo. I printed them with my computer... I didn't get it done professionally, nor use special paper. As long as the photo is clear and the words are legible making it look "fancy" is just fluff and won't help your cause.