+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship photos... how many?

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
In preparation for submitting my sponsorship application I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on how many pictures I should be sending in for proof of our relationship.

So far I have 100 or so pics dating back to the very first time we met (in 2007) to my last trip to see him in his home country of Cuba in October of this year spanning out over a year and a half and from road trips, outings with his family, birthday parties, our wedding, reception, etc. On the backside I indicated who is in the photo, the date and place.

Is 100 too many? Should I add more? Any input is appreciated.

M

med

quality outweighs quantity , pick up good pics that stand for different periods of ur relationship like marriage , reception and so forth u dont need to send 100 , the IO are not stupid ,

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008
well they should all be quality anyways, if your relationship is the real thing then you dont need to pick out good pics from the pack. Like you said the people at the cic are not stupid.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Please don't bore the IO with 100 pics. He or she will just be more pissed for the next applicant. LOL.
I would say a good 20-25 ( at the most) that are really good, again as MED said, different eras of your relationship that will Represent all the good times (or important) you have had together. Send one kissing pic at least. :)

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
akh!! i only sent 6 lol

we really do not have much photos i mean we really did not plan the whole story,we could have toke hundreds of photos but we really cared less about it.
hope this doesnt affect my application

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent about 50. Our application is still in process so we still don't know the outcome.

I do know someone who was approved and she told me she only sent 10-15, so I would say 100 is maybe overdoing it a bit. I agree with the quality vs. quantity idea. But really, you should send as many as you feel comfortable with. I wouldn't be worried about pissing off the officer. They don't need to look through them all if they don't want to, right? I would try to show a variety and definitely include photos of the 2 of you with friends and family if possible and your idea to write the date and names on the back is good. Good luck!

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Now that I remember, I sent exactly12 photos and we were approved really quickly (6 months inland. Married no children)

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
I agree about quality over quantity for sure. If you have been together for a long time, pick a selection that spans the relationship from start to current. Also, only choose pics with both of you together in it (seems obvious, but I see a lot without both ppl), and have some with eachother's friends and family (if possible).

100, I think, is too many. Personally, we didn't send more than 15. We were approved inland in 10 months, kids abroad needed medicals.