+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship for Canada Spouse PR

deeps89

Feb 1, 2018
Hello,

I am an Indian girl and I got married 3 months back to a guy, who is an Indian citizen, working in Canada with a Permanent Resident status. We want to apply for my Permanent Residency under the spousal sponsorship program. It was an arranged marriage and we have a lot of pictures together along with our families. But, unfortunately, we don't have any other evidence to prove our relationship. I am living with my husband in Canada on a visitor visa. Because of my status in Canada, neither I am eligible to get any identity documents like driver's license nor to get any utility bills in the same address. Because it is a recent marriage, we don't have any document proving our relationship, in our home country as well. I'd really appreciate if anyone could enlighten me on other possible documents that would strengthen the application in my case.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello,

I am an Indian girl and I got married 3 months back to a guy, who is an Indian citizen, working in Canada with a Permanent Resident status. We want to apply for my Permanent Residency under the spousal sponsorship program. It was an arranged marriage and we have a lot of pictures together along with our families. But, unfortunately, we don't have any other evidence to prove our relationship. I am living with my husband in Canada on a visitor visa. Because of my status in Canada, neither I am eligible to get any identity documents like driver's license nor to get any utility bills in the same address. Because it is a recent marriage, we don't have any document proving our relationship, in our home country as well. I'd really appreciate if anyone could enlighten me on other possible documents that would strengthen the application in my case.
My husband was a visitor and we had no problems getting him on any of our bills, utilities, bank account, lease...So I think you should double check

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
Plane tickets work, passport stamps, send all pictures you have, both from Canada and beforehand. How long is the visitor visa valid for? Ensure not to overstay or you could have an issue with your application!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello,

You are on a visitor visa to Canada, and not sure if your husband plan to Sponsor you "Inland" or "Out-land".

Since you are living together and if he plans to sponsor you Inland.......why not ask your husband to try get you a cell phone with his address or ask his to check with phone company's to get a phone package that allows to extend or add family members.......this could provide you a bill with his address.

If you are legally married and have the marriage documents and during the 6 months duration of your visa, ask your husband to check with his bank if you could open a joint account.

deeps89

Feb 1, 2018
Plane tickets work, passport stamps, send all pictures you have, both from Canada and beforehand. How long is the visitor visa valid for? Ensure not to overstay or you could have an issue with your application!
It's valid for six months. Once I apply for spouse PR, I believe I can extend the stay, isn't it?

deeps89

Feb 1, 2018
You are on a visitor visa to Canada, and not sure if your husband plan to Sponsor you "Inland" or "Out-land".

Since you are living together and if he plans to sponsor you Inland.......why not ask your husband to try get you a cell phone with his address or ask his to check with phone company's to get a phone package that allows to extend or add family members.......this could provide you a bill with his address.

If you are legally married and have the marriage documents and during the 6 months duration of your visa, ask your husband to check with his bank if you could open a joint account.
He's planning to sponsor me Ïnland". We were planning to use cell phone bills as address proof. But, we weren't sure about opening a joint account. I appreciate your response. I will check on that. Thank you.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Hello. Did you manage to get any further with your application ? Were you able to produce any documents such as rental agreement etc ?