+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of relationship folder, how to refer?

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
I keep reading about how people have organize their PR specially for common law.
I still dont understand, im doing the 3 folders, one with sponsor forms, one with applicants forms, one with proof of relationship.

When the form IMM5490 partner questionaire askes for development of relationship, or proof of visits...do you refer them to the proof of relationship folder?

How do you do it, can you write on answer, "Please refer to proof of relationship folder: Page 5. Development of relationship"...is that how others have done it? Or what do you put in the answer space to refer to where that proof is?

Also im doing it right by putting that proof on the 3rd folder or any of those pages have to be at the back of the form on the applicants folder?

Thanks a lot for your help

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Personally, I did it just like you said. I wrote on the answer "please refer to pages 5 - 10 of the PHOTOS section of the relationship proof folder"

I don't think it really matters, as long as it's organized and all the pages are correctly numbered, etc. They'll be able to figure it out!

M

mikeymyke

I agree. Don't need to worry so much about "Please refer to this page of relationship proofs", etc. I had lots of relationship proofs, so i couldn't put them all in one envelope, I had to use about 4-5 different envelopes. One was communication evidence, one was photos, one was wedding related invoices/contract/invitations, one was proof of gifts/letters, etc.

Just simply say, please see relationship proofs for ________. They're smart enough to know what to look for. Take it from me, I sent in a ton of evidence without telling them to refer to each individual page/section, and it didn't delay my case at all.

Gelato

Jun 7, 2014
mikeymyke said:
I agree. Don't need to worry so much about "Please refer to this page of relationship proofs", etc. I had lots of relationship proofs, so i couldn't put them all in one envelope, I had to use about 4-5 different envelopes. One was communication evidence, one was photos, one was wedding related invoices/contract/invitations, one was proof of gifts/letters, etc.

Just simply say, please see relationship proofs for ________. They're smart enough to know what to look for. Take it from me, I sent in a ton of evidence without telling them to refer to each individual page/section, and it didn't delay my case at all.
I do have the same problem how to organize proof to CIC. I have photos, greeting cards between us, emails, bank documents, agreements showing our relationship. I do wonder if I can simply put them in one envelop "relationship proof folder". Then I just answer the questions 'pls refer to 'relationship proof folder'.

nezya

May 16, 2010
amcpons said:
I keep reading about how people have organize their PR specially for common law.
I still dont understand, im doing the 3 folders, one with sponsor forms, one with applicants forms, one with proof of relationship.

When the form IMM5490 partner questionaire askes for development of relationship, or proof of visits...do you refer them to the proof of relationship folder?

How do you do it, can you write on answer, "Please refer to proof of relationship folder: Page 5. Development of relationship"...is that how others have done it? Or what do you put in the answer space to refer to where that proof is?

Also im doing it right by putting that proof on the 3rd folder or any of those pages have to be at the back of the form on the applicants folder?

Thanks a lot for your help
Development of Relationship: I am the principal applicant and I was the one who organized the papers I wrote our 3 pages love story and stapled them in the last page of the form 5490.

Whatever evidences that is connected to my love story, like photos hotel receipts, wedding invites from friends etc. I put them in the envelope "PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP A"

Statement of joint account, apartment rental contract, car registration, supporting letters from my friends, his sister goes to envelope "PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP B".

So yeah, I wrote please refer to "PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP A" or "PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP B"

M

mikeymyke

Gelato said:
I do have the same problem how to organize proof to CIC. I have photos, greeting cards between us, emails, bank documents, agreements showing our relationship. I do wonder if I can simply put them in one envelop "relationship proof folder". Then I just answer the questions 'pls refer to 'relationship proof folder'.
If you do that, that should be fine. Like I said, they're smart enough to know what to look for. Of course, when you put them all in one folder, make sure they're organized neatly.

Gelato

Jun 7, 2014
mikeymyke said:
If you do that, that should be fine. Like I said, they're smart enough to know what to look for. Of course, when you put them all in one folder, make sure they're organized neatly.
OK, thanks!