02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
Hi
my wife has a kid from the previous marriage
I just married to her this year
while I am filling out the application, i listed the kid as a family member since the question asks for my or my spouse's kid.
then in the checklist it asks me to upload proof of relations about parent-kid
I have no idea how to do this except for writing a letter of explanation. I have no custody of the kid and I am no guardian. in the application I had to choose parent because that was the only other option which is closer to step parent
However when I read the completeness check of EE, it states that without proof of relations of dependent children, the application will be refused

any opinion would be appreciated. thanks a lot

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrewhl said:
Hi
my wife has a kid from the previous marriage
I just married to her this year
while I am filling out the application, i listed the kid as a family member since the question asks for my or my spouse's kid.
then in the checklist it asks me to upload proof of relations about parent-kid
I have no idea how to do this except for writing a letter of explanation. I have no custody of the kid and I am no guardian. in the application I had to choose parent because that was the only other option which is closer to step parent
However when I read the completeness check of EE, it states that without proof of relations of dependent children, the application will be refused

any opinion would be appreciated. thanks a lot
Let us dissect the problem.

Your spouse is the child's mother, but you do not have any custody.
The child's birth certificate should be listing mother's name, who is your spouse. Right?

After separation from the previous marriage, your spouse must have some documents that would state that she does not have custody of the child. You can add those document with the LOE and the Child's birth certificate.

Anybody with more information?

andrewhl

Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2016
Doc's Request.
21-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
musicnlyrx said:
Let us dissect the problem.

Your spouse is the child's mother, but you do not have any custody.
The child's birth certificate should be listing mother's name, who is your spouse. Right?

After separation from the previous marriage, your spouse must have some documents that would state that she does not have custody of the child. You can add those document with the LOE and the Child's birth certificate.

Anybody with more information?
Thanks!

I think the best I can do now is to provide kid's birth certificate with my wife's name on it and my marriage certificate with my wife.
Actually my wife holds half of the custody so the kid stays half the time at our household

any better suggestion?

Ekete

Sep 2, 2023
Hi, please I have similar issue. I had my child with another man, 3years before I got married to my husband. Kindly note I was never married to my 1st daughter's father. So in this case, can my husband claim to be her father?