New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
Hi Everyone and Senior members.

I am gathering my full docs list.

I need some help regarding "Proof of your language abilities".

Can you Please provide sample document and letter for how to provide infirmation regarding "Proof of language abilities"

I am not taking Ilet exams Because of:

I have master degree and 10 years of exp with it field.

I have 7 years exp in USA.

So Planing to explin and provide English proficiency evidence letter.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

haipandu8 said:
Hi Everyone and Senior members.

I am gathering my full docs list.

I need some help regarding "Proof of your language abilities".

Can you Please provide sample document and letter for how to provide infirmation regarding "Proof of language abilities"

I am not taking Ilet exams Because of:

I have master degree and 10 years of exp with it field.

I have 7 years exp in USA.

So Planing to explin and provide English proficiency evidence letter.
1. I hope that you don't need very many points for English.
2. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf Sec/ 11.10 to see what you have to submit.

vgadde

Apr 23, 2010
Irrespective of your education/experience, you better take the exam if you are not from English speaking country. Otherwise CIC officer will give you what ever points he thinks you deserve and you will not have an opportunity to take the test then. Read this press release...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp

haipandu8

Apr 4, 2010
mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
HI,

Thank you for your reply PMM and vgadde.

I applied on Mar 29th. before 10th of aprial they got my docs. so thats why I am planning to skip ilet exam.

If they want they will ask to take ilet exam? or return my docs.

gradtexas

May 5, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010 CIO
I am not a native English speaker and I am also planning on not taking IELTS.

I have a PhD and 2 MS, all from top 10 engineering schools in the US, all with exceptional GPA. I have 10+ publications, an editorial role for a highly reputed Journal, multiple conference presentations and moderator roles, invited lectures, and a number of years of teaching experience at graduate and undergraduate level. I also deliver training to the junior-middle management of a very large organization.

I wrote my letter with supporting evidence for each of the reading/writing/listening/speaking. I am also planning on attaching my expired TOEFL/TSE/TWE scores (640/677, 60/60, and 6.0/6.0).

I am just not convinced that I should be required to take IELTS... I know its a risk but I'd rather reason with the VO for the English points using a written letter (albeit a long one).. Read the Canadian Language Benchmark 2000 (Benchmark 8).. Its requirements are very specific yet are not that stringent that a VO will shoot down anyone with actual demonstrated proficiency in English.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gradtexas said:

I have a PhD and 2 MS, all from top 10 engineering schools in the US, all with exceptional GPA. I have 10+ publications, an editorial role for a highly reputed Journal, multiple conference presentations and moderator roles, invited lectures, and a number of years of teaching experience at graduate and undergraduate level. I also deliver training to the junior-middle management of a very large organization.

I wrote my letter with supporting evidence for each of the reading/writing/listening/speaking. I am also planning on attaching my expired TOEFL/TSE/TWE scores (640/677, 60/60, and 6.0/6.0).

I am just not convinced that I should be required to take IELTS... I know its a risk but I'd rather reason with the VO for the English points using a written letter (albeit a long one).. Read the Canadian Language Benchmark 2000 (Benchmark 8).. Its requirements are very specific yet are not that stringent that a VO will shoot down anyone with actual demonstrated proficiency in English.
Your choice, but IELTS defines your English ability, so don't expect any leeway from the VO, and s/he will not discuss what marks for language you are given.

gradtexas

May 5, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010 CIO
Thanks for the reply.. Yeah, I was a little too worried before I read the CLB 2000. Now am less worried :)

VO doesn't decide arbitrarily. VO decides after comparison with CLB 2000, Benchmark 8. A well written letter with evidence above that criteria should not be a problem.

PMM said:
Hi

Your choice, but IELTS defines your English ability, so don't expect any leeway from the VO, and s/he will not discuss what marks for language you are given.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Their is no harm if applicants from non-English speaking countries give an IELTS score. Then it becomes a definite score with no ambiguity & you are certain to get 16 points. Else it is the Visa Officer's discretion to allot points for language based on proof provided.
They even suggest that applicants from English speaking countries provide a valid English language test score to be on the safe side.
If you are so confident of your English then prove it to CIC/CIO that you deserve the 16 points. Nothing more easy then IELTS.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
gradtexas said:

Its better to sit in IELTS n score high..simple.. why you are making things complicated for yourself

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
As a former ESL teacher, GradTexas might be able to get away with it - writes as well/better than most native speakers in the US, and has alternative proof. Of course I can't assess oral language ability here but...

Haipandu8 - sorry, you should take the exam. If you submit the application without it, they will not ask you to take the exam, they will reject the application (if you do not have enough points).

haipandu8

Apr 4, 2010
mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
test skills:
I have 1)masters
2)i am in usa 7 years and canada last 8 months
3)I have 10 years of exp
4) i am in between 21-49 age
5)arranged employement
6)spouse also masters
7)baby boy born in canada

when i check the test it is scoring 100 or 92(lets take english second option)

friends and seniors plz help

" IS IT NECESSARY TO TAKE ILET EXAM ?"