+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ocean905 said:
Dear senior members I received RPRF and proof of funds. I am short of CAD 3500/- from required funds can I deposit these funds now and get only bank letter showing closing balance or should I require 6 months bank statement. Till July-Aug 13 I was in surplus of required funds but for last two moths I withdrawn some money for urgent personal needs. Please guide me I will be thankful to all.
The POF has to show the amount required by CIC (not less), so i guess in your case you are left with one option - which is to deposit the remaining funds and get a bank letter showing the closing balance.

jaydeepdave

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-09-2010
Hi Paritosh & Others,

In my Son's COPR, they have mentioned his height 93 cms. instead of 83 cms.

is this a problem??? should i go and get it changed or it is a minor thing and we can avoid it????

Pl. answer.

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I have several thousands $ in bank in my children's names and I count on this money as POF. Kids are 5 and 3, so I'm their representative and I've signed everything related to this accounts. This funds are deposited two years ago under interest until the end of 2014. and if I colect it now and put in my name I'll lose all the interest. Children are coming with us, of course, they'll be in the application.
Also, if the PA and the rest of the family land separately, what is the protocol for demonstrating POF? Does PA have to show all $20.000 and something when she/he land alone and what are requirements for the rest of the family when they come after few months?

anthony1970

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I just need some info. Landed last Nov 2. using flagpole and I was approved under FSW Arranged Employment as I am working with the same company taht helped me to get a PR for almost 5 years now. My family will follow next year. My question is that, do they need to show POF upon entry at YVR? Most of our funds are here in Canada. Thanks

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Generous info Qorax
Keep it up

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
Hi Seniors,

It said :

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
•you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
•you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

What if I have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada however I am not currently working or authorized to work in Canada ? Do I still need to show POF ?

Thanks !

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014 ; Passport Pick-up: 18-11-2014 ; Passport Delivery: 21-11-2014
LANDED..........
Next year, 2015. By God's grace
qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.
Hi Quorax. I do and I believe a lot of forum members appreciate your exposition on proof of landing fees. I just discovered this subject on POF. I recently applied for FSW 2013 on NOC code 2134(chemical engineering). my application was received at CIC/CIO Friday, Sept 6 2013 and received my PER on Thursday, Nov 28 2013. My DD fees was encashed on Thursday 21, 2013. In the PER letter sent by CIO my application will be sent by CIO to my visa office which in this case is Canada high commission (CHC), Accra, Ghana in Africa, that is AVO(accra VO). However I will like some information on the following:

1. Do I need to present the whole POF at the POE. in my case its family of 4 (myself, wife(spouse), 2 children(a boy and a girl). The amount for family of 4 is CAD$ 20,559

2. Must it be in CAD$ or any other currency even my Nigerian currency(Naira) equivalent?

3. Can I present it in fixed deposit bank statements, current bank account balances or savings bank account balances? Can it also be combination of any of this account types?

4. In my application to CIC/CIO in sept 2013, I submitted fixed deposit statement while my spouse presented current account balances. Do we have to continue in this format with VO and also at the POE?

5. Apart from submitting statements to CIC/CIO, do we still need to present statements to VO or will my VO, in this case AVO re-request for POF?

6. At what point will the VO re-request for POF? Is it before MR, when MR is requested, after MR(that is before PPR) or when PPR is requested?

7. Can shares/stocks certificates, pension statements, landed property receipts, vehicle asset receipts and other assets receipts be presented in addition to bank statements, certificates, balances to VO and at the POE? Will these assets be accepted by VO and POE? Please state those that will be accepted and rejected and any other assets you think is acceptable.

8. can any of the assets above be in addition to the minimum amount for family of 4, which in my case is CAD$20,559 or can it be half-way which is half cash in form of bank statements and certificates and assets(fixed) such as stocks, landed properties, pensions etc as stated above in (7)?

9. what time-frame of statements are usually requested for at the VO and at the POE? I mean 1, 2, 3, 4,5 or 6 months bank balances. what about fixed deposits- will 1, 2 or 3 months suffice? Are they not particular about range, just present balances that equals or above the minimum stipulated for family size. I ask so that I will know when to start building up mu accounts.

10. Though it may seem difficult to predict, but I know u are a guru having studied your analyses on issues. When do you think my application will be forwarded or transferred to AVO and ultimately when will I get response from the AVO for MR, PPR and visa issuance? This is asked against the backdrop that the minister promised, and even gazette in may 4 2013 gazette, that henceforth PR starting with FSW 2013 will be processed in 12-month period and already india VO(NDVO), and other VOs such as Beijing, hongkong, some Asian and latin America countries have started issuing MR, PPR and even PRV. Though London VO and accra VO are yet to start issuing MR, PPR and even PRV. What could be causing the delays?

I will appreciate your urgent response.

Cheers,
kit01

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
suchnaju said:
Hi Seniors,

It said :

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
•you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
•you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

What if I have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada however I am not currently working or authorized to work in Canada ? Do I still need to show POF ?

Thanks !
I found the answer by reading tons of posts and regulations.

The answer is YES I need to show POF, since I am not currently working or authorized to work in Canada, although I have an AEO.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
anthony1970 said:
Hi. I just need some info. Landed last Nov 2. using flagpole and I was approved under FSW Arranged Employment as I am working with the same company taht helped me to get a PR for almost 5 years now. My family will follow next year. My question is that, do they need to show POF upon entry at YVR? Most of our funds are here in Canada. Thanks
No they do not have to show the POF.

Only the main applicant (principal applicant) has to show them. That was you and you already landed. Family can come without worries :D

anthony1970

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis2006 said:
No they do not have to show the POF.

Only the main applicant (principal applicant) has to show them. That was you and you already landed. Family can come without worries :D
Thank you so much...Have a wonderfull weekend

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.
Hi Qorax,

Outstanding contribution here, well-done bro! and +1 for you...

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014

In my case, i have submitted term deposit certificates which are jointly issued on my name as well as my father's name. They have accepted it twice (first, at the time of submission of the case and then at the time of updated docs request). Can i produce the same as proof of landing funds? my father will remit the amount once i get a canadian bank account?

I mean i need 20,600 for a family of 4 (i will land first and my family will follow me after some time). Can i show some cash like 1000-2000 and show the rest in these deposit certificates?

If this is not acceptable, then can anybody suggest any proper way out?

samm2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
at finally, i can show bank statement as a proof of funds at the time of landing.

And, carry about 2000 dollars with me for use.

plz confirm?

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
jaydeepdave said:
Hi Paritosh & Others,

In my Son's COPR, they have mentioned his height 93 cms. instead of 83 cms.

is this a problem??? should i go and get it changed or it is a minor thing and we can avoid it????

Pl. answer.
Sir

This is not an issue - Simply travel / do not waste your time , NDVO will take another 3 months to get it rectified , no one bothers this
reliable data is the one that will be taken / examined in Canada

Stay blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
emiiuki said:
I have several thousands $ in bank in my children's names and I count on this money as POF. Kids are 5 and 3, so I'm their representative and I've signed everything related to this accounts. This funds are deposited two years ago under interest until the end of 2014. and if I colect it now and put in my name I'll lose all the interest. Children are coming with us, of course, they'll be in the application.
Also, if the PA and the rest of the family land separately, what is the protocol for demonstrating POF? Does PA have to show all $20.000 and something when she/he land alone and what are requirements for the rest of the family when they come after few months?
Sir

Simply this is your money. When you will get statement of account / balance certificate , your name will be printed on this.
In addition to this you can drop an explanatory note to visa officer about this.

NO ISSUES

Stay Blessed