+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

Ddesai

Apr 19, 2011
dear qorax
I got my PR approved this sep . and i am planning to move to canada on this dec 5th so please help me with my question ;.
In my case my wife is principle applicant , and she was in india the whole time, but i was in usa till we got approved and then i came back to spend some time in india with my family and now i am going back to canada. so my question is for POF

(1) my bank of america statement would be fine ?
coz i didnt know about it and now i have less then 10 days for my flight , so if i have to do a bank draft and then somebody has to mail it to me will take more time . ( i left my money in american bank cox they said they have tie up with canadian bank so once i open my account in that perticular canadian bank they will trasfer all funds )
(2) is there any other option which will be a faster one ? plese advise
(3) we has some jewelry but i am not taking them with me right now , i will take take them after 2--3 years when i am completely settle there , so do i have to mention anything about it ?
(4) is there any other formalities i have to do now ? please help coz i dont have much time .

thank you in advance

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ddesai said:
dear qorax
I got my PR approved this sep . and i am planning to move to canada on this dec 5th so please help me with my question ;.
In my case my wife is principle applicant , and she was in india the whole time, but i was in usa till we got approved and then i came back to spend some time in india with my family and now i am going back to canada. so my question is for POF

(1) my bank of america statement would be fine ?
coz i didnt know about it and now i have less then 10 days for my flight , so if i have to do a bank draft and then somebody has to mail it to me will take more time . ( i left my money in american bank cox they said they have tie up with canadian bank so once i open my account in that perticular canadian bank they will trasfer all funds )
(2) is there any other option which will be a faster one ? plese advise
(3) we has some jewelry but i am not taking them with me right now , i will take take them after 2--3 years when i am completely settle there , so do i have to mention anything about it ?
(4) is there any other formalities i have to do now ? please help coz i dont have much time .

thank you in advance
1. Usually US bank statements r accepted.
2. --
3. U must file-in the B4 [GTF list] with the jewellery pics.
4. Nothing much... pls read my 'landing in Canada' thread.

Qorax

vikas123

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
India Gate, Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
AOR Received.
done
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
done
Passport Req..
done
VISA ISSUED...
done
LANDED..........
done
Dear Qurox,

I have got the MR, RPRF and PP request.

I was maintaining sme funds as POF. Now, Can i use a but of it for RPRF. Kindly help me..

Vikas

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use it for RPRF , whatever total amount of required POF you have to bring with you at landing time.

OMM

vikas123 said:
Dear Qurox,

I have got the MR, RPRF and PP request.

I was maintaining sme funds as POF. Now, Can i use a but of it for RPRF. Kindly help me..

Vikas

vikas123

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
India Gate, Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
AOR Received.
done
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
done
Passport Req..
done
VISA ISSUED...
done
LANDED..........
done
omm said:
You can use it for RPRF , whatever total amount of required POF you have to bring with you at landing time.

OMM
Please guide me again...

In my case, i m the Primary Applicant and my wife is the co applicant. POF required is $13800 for both of us.

I am planning to come alone first and call my iwfe after 5-6 mnths after settling here. So, how much shud I bring $11000 as it is POF required for single applicant.
and my wife will bring balance.
vikas

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to Carry POF $13800 for landing procedure.
your wife can come later like after somedays or month doesn't matter but she can not land before you.
So, you must have to Carry POF for 2 applicants: You (primary) + for your wife (second applicant).

OMM

vikas123 said:
Please guide me again...

In my case, i m the Primary Applicant and my wife is the co applicant. POF required is $13800 for both of us.

I am planning to come alone first and call my iwfe after 5-6 mnths after settling here. So, how much shud I bring $11000 as it is POF required for single applicant.
vikas

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vikas123 said:
Please guide me again...

vikas
OMM has advised correctly...
It is the prerogative of the PA to 'land' first if not alongwith his dependents AND s/he ought to demonstrate the 'complete' settlement funds for the entire family while entering Canada for the 1st time. Subsequent entries by the PA or his/her family members do not require to demonstrate the POF.

Qorax

mrprice

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 7, 2007
LANDED..........
Nov 6, 2011
At the POE no body will ask you to have this specific amount of money, they will ask you how much you carry and write that on your COPR, nothing more. No ne single proof that the officer must confirm that you have the specific POF, this is the VO's job. With respect to all the seniors I read the dox related to this matter from CIC official website, and nothing like what these ppl is talking about, and this is what happened with me, i held less than 25% of the required amount and I am in and OK :) even in the CHC letter included with the stamped passport no mention about the money issue, so if its that serious why CHC wont include that to the instructions and requirements before travelling.

If anybody was denied entry because of this issue, pls respond.

Take care.

vikas123 said:
Please guide me again...

vikas

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's the risk and depend on officer @ POE . it's not advisible to bring less money than requiered by CIC POF.

OMM

mrprice said:
At the POE no body will ask you to have this specific amount of money, they will ask you how much you carry and write that on your COPR, nothing more. No ne single proof that the officer must confirm that you have the specific POF, this is the VO's job. With respect to all the seniors I read the dox related to this matter from CIC official website, and nothing like what these ppl is talking about, and this is what happened with me, i held less than 25% of the required amount and I am in and OK :) even in the CHC letter included with the stamped passport no mention about the money issue, so if its that serious why CHC wont include that to the instructions and requirements before travelling.

If anybody was denied entry because of this issue, pls respond.

Take care.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mrprice said:
At the POE no body will ask you to have this specific amount of money, they will ask you how much you carry and write that on your COPR, nothing more. No ne single proof that the officer must confirm that you have the specific POF, this is the VO's job....
Arriving At Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/arriving.asp

When you arrive in Canada, you will be greeted by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The officer will ask to see your passport and other travel documents...

You must present the following documents upon your arrival:

-Your valid passport and/or travel documents. Your passport must be a regular, private passport. You cannot immigrate to Canada with a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport.

-Your valid permanent resident visa, and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). The officer will make sure you are entering Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your permanent resident visa. Please note that this document cannot be extended, therefore you should make sure to use it before it expires.

-Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.

The officer will ask you a few questions to confirm that you still meet the requirements to immigrate to Canada. They will be similar to the ones you answered on your application for permanent residence. This should only take a few minutes.

You will not be allowed into Canada if you give false or incomplete information, or if you do not satisfy the officer that you meet the requirements for entry into Canada.

If there are no problems at the point of entry, the officer will authorize you to enter Canada as a permanent resident. The officer will also confirm your Canadian mailing address. Your permanent resident card will be mailed to you at this address.

___________________________________________________________________________________
1. What did u mention as POF in your application?
2. Why the POF requirement is there?
3. Why did CIC specify the POF?
4. What do they mean by "meet the requirement for entry"?

Qorax
*U might have been lucky Sir, however everyone might not be.

mrprice

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 7, 2007
LANDED..........
Nov 6, 2011
Qorax,

Any specualtion what does suffecient fund mean ? Does it mention any where/any relation to carry these specific amount (no one $ less) to the POF we are talking about? Of course NO.

Sir, for some countries where I am from, I cant take that cash out with me neither can I make a money transfer up to that level to Canada, and no travelor cheques to Canada. That means according to your speculations immigrants like me cant get into Canada.

Thanks.

qorax said:
Arriving At Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/arriving.asp

When you arrive in Canada, you will be greeted by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The officer will ask to see your passport and other travel documents...

You must present the following documents upon your arrival:

-Your valid passport and/or travel documents. Your passport must be a regular, private passport. You cannot immigrate to Canada with a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport.

-Your valid permanent resident visa, and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). The officer will make sure you are entering Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your permanent resident visa. Please note that this document cannot be extended, therefore you should make sure to use it before it expires.

-Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.

The officer will ask you a few questions to confirm that you still meet the requirements to immigrate to Canada. They will be similar to the ones you answered on your application for permanent residence. This should only take a few minutes.

You will not be allowed into Canada if you give false or incomplete information, or if you do not satisfy the officer that you meet the requirements for entry into Canada.

If there are no problems at the point of entry, the officer will authorize you to enter Canada as a permanent resident. The officer will also confirm your Canadian mailing address. Your permanent resident card will be mailed to you at this address.

___________________________________________________________________________________
1. What did u mention as POF in your application?
2. Why the POF requirement is there?
3. Why did CIC specify the POF?
4. What do they mean by "meet the requirement for entry"?

Qorax
*U might have been lucky Sir, however everyone might not be.

Ddesai

Apr 19, 2011
hey qorax
AS i have told you before . i am taking my bank of america statement as proof of fund but i have one more questions . from last 2 month i have added one of my friend into my acccount because she can do something from usa when i am not there . and now on statement they are mentioning her name so is it any problem . or can i carry last one year statememt so i can shaw them that its my account and i have added her name for this reason . AS i am going to canada this monday please help me as soon as possible. thanks a million in advance

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
mrprice said:
Any specualtion what does suffecient fund mean ? Does it mention any where/any relation to carry these specific amount (no one $ less) to the POF we are talking about? Of course NO.
No speculations. Just check OP6:
at time of publication the required funds are equal to or
greater than the amount listed below for each family size:
Number of family members Funds required
1 $11,086
2 $13,801
3 $16,967
4 $20,599
5 $ 23,364
6 $ 26,350
7 or more $ 29,337

nurse_angel

Star Member
Aug 15, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila V.O.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb. 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Passport Req..
June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2011
qorax said:
Dear Qorax.
I am from Philipines. My query is regarding my proof of funds. I already have my PR visa and I intend to land in Saskatoon in March 2012. When I applied for my visa, I presented my bank certificate with a peso account which is equivalent to 14,000 USD. Since I can't carry the money in peso, I opened a US dollar account in the same bank so I can withdraw US notes later. The money I will use to buy dollars from the market is from the peso account that I used during application. The bank offers a lower exchange rate compared outside. As far as I know we need to secure an updated bank certificate to the IO when we land. My questions are:
1. Can I present to the IO in Canada a new certificate using my dollar account? Or should it be the peso account I used during the application?
2. My problem is if I use the peso account, I should buy the dollars at the same bank which has a lower rate. Do you have any suggestions regarding my problem?
3. If I maintain the $11,115 requirement in my account how many % should I bring & leave?

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,
nurse_angel