+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Income for spouse sponsorship (Option C)

Gr8AmirM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Hello Experts
I am having a little confusion here. I need to sponsor my wife. I am an FSWP immigrant and landed in 2016 then after two years returned to Canada in November 2018.

I have started transitional job @ $2000/month from January 2019 and have no Notice of Assessment as yet. However, IRCC says that

"If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular
hours per week AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
• Your most recent Notice of Assessment. This must include line 150 (Total Income), or
• Proof of income statement (Option C)."

I can provide Employment letter but where I can get proof of income statement (Option C)?
Is option C is a bank statement or what it is? kindly explain.

Thanks a lot in advance.

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Your Option C is also something you get from the CRA, it's a simplified version of your notice of assessment. I believe on the checklist it says you can provide a written explanation as to why you can't provide them, so you could potentially write a letter explaining that you haven't been working long enough to have a notice of assessment. But I don't know if it's just worth waiting until next year when you will have it. No doubt there are people here with more insight into what your best option is, so wait and see what others say! But to answer your question, your Option C is also a document you get from the CRA.

Reactions: Gr8AmirM

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hello Experts
I am having a little confusion here. I need to sponsor my wife. I am an FSWP immigrant and landed in 2016 then after two years returned to Canada in November 2018.

I have started transitional job @ $2000/month from January 2019 and have no Notice of Assessment as yet. However, IRCC says that

"If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular
hours per week AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
• Your most recent Notice of Assessment. This must include line 150 (Total Income), or
• Proof of income statement (Option C)."

I can provide Employment letter but where I can get proof of income statement (Option C)?
Is option C is a bank statement or what it is? kindly explain.

Thanks a lot in advance.
If you don’t have notice of assessment yet just make a letter of explanation on why you haven’t provide the NOA from CRA plus detailed employment letter from your current employer

Reactions: Gr8AmirM