+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

RayMHD

Mar 17, 2024
I am currently employed full-time in Canada with a work permit and I would like to sponsor my family to join me from my home country to Canada. I have some Canadian dollars in my account at a Canadian bank. Can I use it as proof of funds for my family's visa application? In other words, is a bank balance in Canada acceptable to the federal government for issuing a visa for my spouse and children?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently employed full-time in Canada with a work permit and I would like to sponsor my family to join me from my home country to Canada. I have some Canadian dollars in my account at a Canadian bank. Can I use it as proof of funds for my family's visa application? In other words, is a bank balance in Canada acceptable to the federal government for issuing a visa for my spouse and children?
So you are a PR or citizen to sponsor them. If not are they coming on TRVs, work or study permits. You need to show a cash balance to support them. What is your NOC? When does permit expire?

Last edited:

RayMHD

Mar 17, 2024
So you are a PR or citizen to sponsor them. If not are they coming on TRVs, work or study permits. You need to show a cash balance to support them. What is your NOC? When does permit expire?
I am not a PR or citizen. I came in Canada as a visitor and used Iranian policy to get open work permit. My NOC code is 72104 and my work permit expires on January 3, 2027.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not a PR or citizen. I came in Canada as a visitor and used Iranian policy to get open work permit. My NOC code is 72104 and my work permit expires on January 3, 2027.
You can try and apply for family’s TRVs. They probably need to come as visitors first. This wasn’t a special reunification/immigration policy to bring families. It was a policy for Iranians already in Canada to apply for a work permit. Your family should have come to Canada at the same time. If they have TRVs, then they can come to Canada as visitors. There was a person on here who came from Iran who tried to apply for spouse open work permit and study permits for children and applications were refused.