+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hello people, I went to my bank to get my PoF letter. First they denied giving any average balance, but when I pressed further, they gave me average balance of each of last six months (so six balances in total). The problem was it was not average but closing balance of each of last six months which they had written as average balance. So I complained to them, after which they took their time and gave me a new letter that stated one balance that was average of last six months. I suppose this was the requirement in IRCC website.

However, now when I was submitting my documents, the description for the document in the profile asks for "balance of each account over the past six months". Does it mean IRCC asks for closing balance of each of last six months (as had given by my bank earlier) or average balance of last six months is fine? Six numbers or only one number?

I don't want to make a fool of myself going to the bank again to ask for what they had originally given, but if that is what is required then I don't have a choice. Please let me know what is the right format. Thank you.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello people, I went to my bank to get my PoF letter. First they denied giving any average balance, but when I pressed further, they gave me average balance of each of last six months (so six balances in total). The problem was it was not average but closing balance of each of last six months which they had written as average balance. So I complained to them, after which they took their time and gave me a new letter that stated one balance that was average of last six months. I suppose this was the requirement in IRCC website.

However, now when I was submitting my documents, the description for the document in the profile asks for "balance of each account over the past six months". Does it mean IRCC asks for closing balance of each of last six months (as had given by my bank earlier) or average balance of last six months is fine? Six numbers or only one number?

I don't want to make a fool of myself going to the bank again to ask for what they had originally given, but if that is what is required then I don't have a choice. Please let me know what is the right format. Thank you.
Just draw an account statement 6 months period and leave the ave balance work for IRCC.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
the problem is for my savings account, the bank does not give any statement. They said its only available for checking account.
Somehow had a slightly Similar case
What i did is i drawn an online statement from my online account at the bank and made them to stamp it.

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Somehow had a slightly Similar case
What i did is i drawn an online statement from my online account at the bank and made them to stamp it.
Oh ok, thanks a lot for your help. Will it be wrong if I submit only my letter? It has my current balance, average balance of last six months of both checking and savings account and credit card balance. I just want to know if only one average balance of last six months is required or six balances for each of last six months are required.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Oh ok, thanks a lot for your help. Will it be wrong if I submit only my letter? It has my current balance, average balance of last six months of both checking and savings account and credit card balance. I just want to know if only one average balance of last six months is required or six balances for each of last six months are required.
It should be enough

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

However for me I have provided full detailed 6 months statement and i did so for one good reason that is my account balance never went below the required funds at anytime

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
It should be enough

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

However for me I have provided full detailed 6 months statement and i did so for one good reason that is my account balance never went below the required funds at anytime
Makes sense. My average balance is more than the minimum requirement, and current balance about $3-4k more than average. My letter is perfect as per the link you posted. But when we upload the document in the profile, the language used is a bit different. So that got me confused. Here in the link it asks for average balance for past 6 months. In the EE profile documents it asks for "balance of each account over the past six months."

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Makes sense. My average balance is more than the minimum requirement, and current balance about $3-4k more than average. My letter is perfect as per the link you posted. But when we upload the document in the profile, the language used is a bit different. So that got me confused. Here in the link it asks for average balance for past 6 months. In the EE profile documents it asks for "balance of each account over the past six months."
Maybe to be at the safe side
Also request an account statement (the one that includes detailed transactions) for your savings account and attach it along. Then nothing more to be done