+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

rex001

Jan 20, 2008
Hi,

For the proof of funds, I have funds available not in Canadian dollar. Will the Bank Certificate with savings stated in other currency be accepted? Will the officer determine the equivalent in Canadian Dollar?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rex001 said:
Hi,

For the proof of funds, I have funds available not in Canadian dollar. Will the Bank Certificate with savings stated in other currency be accepted? Will the officer determine the equivalent in Canadian Dollar?

Thanks.
It has to be a convertible currency, $, £. €, not those that are restrictive and can't be moved out of the country.

PMM

rex001

Jan 20, 2008
Specifically, the currency available in my account is in Philippine peso. Is it ok? The bank certificate states in the that currency.

In addition, does web online print outs for the Bank savings account will also be valid?

Thanks.

bla333

Nov 13, 2007
Rex,
Kumusta. Due to the exchange rate risk in terms of the PESO versus the dollar, I converted my peso time deposit with BPI into US Dollar and placed it in a dollar time deposit for purposes of certifcation. They accepted this without any problems. I filed my application on March 2007 from here in the US and got my visa on December 2007. I'll be landing on March 2008. Good luck!

George

rex001

Jan 20, 2008
Wow! Congrats George.. That was fast! I hope my case would be the same... Thanks for the info.

goda

Oct 19, 2015
Hi Friends,

I have got invitation from CIC. I have some questions in filling the application:

1. How much money you bring to Canada:
1. Is it acceptable to show balance from primary and dependent account separately to CIC (and upload as same document)?, since we don't have common account and my individual bank balance is less than specified($15000).
2. Also when filling application I have mentioned $25000. If I change this to $15000 whether it will get any impact?

2. Travel history:
"Provide details of any trips <Applicant_NAME> has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.
You can tell us about each trip by filling in the fields below. "

I am an Indian and lives in Canada since last two years. I have never been traveled to any other country.
Whether I need to choose "Yes" or "No" for this question?.

Thanks!