+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

shatoor

Oct 19, 2010
hi all! i m new to dis site n it has been a great help in guidin me through d immigration process...got pr n planning to land next week...wanted to know if i can carry a few thousand uae dirhams as proof of funds apart from cad n usd....will it be acceptable to IO.if someone can help me wid this one i will b really thankful..

asd

Dec 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: proof of landing

from my opinion, its is acceptable , but to avoid any inconvenience, better to take ca or us $.

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
March 13, 2010 (June 7 "In Process")
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
July 02, 2010 (sent July16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in Vancouver February 2011 (target)
our agent told us to bring POF in Cnd $ or US $ :)

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You can carry any currency but it should be equivalent to the CAD you are suppose to show at the time of landing. Its is always better to have some in form of cash and travellers cheque.

Cheers
saki

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
shatoor said:
hi all! i m new to dis site n it has been a great help in guidin me through d immigration process...got pr n planning to land next week...wanted to know if i can carry a few thousand uae dirhams as proof of funds apart from cad n usd....will it be acceptable to IO.if someone can help me wid this one i will b really thankful..
You can carry local currency equivalent to required amount in canadian dollars. Besides, try to carry minimum cash and remaining should be in the form of bank draft or traveller cheques. Make a ratio of 80-20.
[80% Bankdraft/TC -20% Cash].

shatoor

Oct 19, 2010
saki said:
Hi,

You can carry any currency but it should be equivalent to the CAD you are suppose to show at the time of landing. Its is always better to have some in form of cash and travellers cheque.

Cheers
saki
thanx saki n others for your prompt replys,i am also carrying bank statements to show enough funds.will share the landing exp later.

cheers
shatoor

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shatoor said:
thanx saki n others for your prompt replys,i am also carrying bank statements to show enough funds.will share the landing exp later.

cheers
shatoor

Dont carry bank statements for your local bank as it wont be accepted, bank statments are only accepted for Canadian Banks (as advised by seniors) as Canada1234 advise you take some percent in Bankdraft/TC and some percent in cash. Atleast have the minimum amount in this form which you are required to show at the time of landing any extra funds you can show the bank statement.

Cheers
saki

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
If you have to change your funds from your local currency why put it in USD and not convert to CDN in the begining???? You will have to pay additional costs to convert it to CDN when you arrive. USD is accepted in most stores, but the rate they give you may not be the best. The CDN dropped about 2 cents today compared to the USD, but it has been close to par for a little while. You could end up losing twice if you have to trade your USD for CDN when it goes back up again. Just a thought. Happy Packing!

shatoor

Oct 19, 2010
saki said:
Dont carry bank statements for your local bank as it wont be accepted, bank statments are only accepted for Canadian Banks (as advised by seniors) as Canada1234 advise you take some percent in Bankdraft/TC and some percent in cash. Atleast have the minimum amount in this form which you are required to show at the time of landing any extra funds you can show the bank statement.

Cheers
saki
so bank statements ...no point in taking.i dont have acnt in canadian bank,but will open one after landing.btw has anyone been deniend entry on account of proof of funds...?thanx