+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

explorer84

Oct 21, 2017
Hi friends,

I have got an original stamped bank statement of last six months which clearly shows funds above Canadian dollars 15,000 for all the six months. Can i submit just this statement. I am specifically asking as the CIC website mentions
  • "list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
  • list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans."
So, i don't have any letter which mentions when a/c was opened. Also, my statement letter is just any normal bank salary a/c statement and does not mention any debts and credit cards and stuff, although i do have 2 cards from same bank.

So, will submission of just that bank statement do ? I am asking because i am not sure if my bank would provide such document in detail as asked by CIC.

Or if such a thing is normal with banks, plz let me know what do they call this type of letter?

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your bank most likely has a standardized letter that they provide to their clients, ask for such letter and upload your bank statements.

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Your bank most likely has a standardized letter that they provide to their clients, ask for such letter and upload your bank statements.
Hi friends,

I have got an original stamped bank statement of last six months which clearly shows funds above Canadian dollars 15,000 for all the six months. Can i submit just this statement. I am specifically asking as the CIC website mentions
  • "list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
  • list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans."
So, i don't have any letter which mentions when a/c was opened. Also, my statement letter is just any normal bank salary a/c statement and does not mention any debts and credit cards and stuff, although i do have 2 cards from same bank.

So, will submission of just that bank statement do ? I am asking because i am not sure if my bank would provide such document in detail as asked by CIC.

Or if such a thing is normal with banks, plz let me know what do they call this type of letter?

Thanks!
You need to submit your banks statements along with a letter from the bank stating the when the account was opened and if you have any loans and credit cards with the bank.
I have successfully got my PR card and I bank with Hsbc in Dubai. I had submitted bank statements and a letter from HSBC addressed to the Canadian embassy in Dubai stating my account numbers and the current balance and when the account was opened, along with the information if I had a loan with the banks and if I have any credit cards. They have a standard letter that they give and most banks should be aware of it

Reactions: Nobatia

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Dear Members,

I have a followup question in addition to the one explorer84 asked.

Do we need to share all bank accounts including loan accounts like home loan account from HDFC etc or only accounts where cash/FD/RD balances are maintained?

Reason am asking is because there are different accounts for loans and salary etc.

Thanks in anticipation.