+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

nav j

Dec 5, 2017
i have a joint account with my father in which I am the principal applicant. I don't have any other account. can i use the same account for funds for express entry or i need to withdraw the name of my father from the account?

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
i have a joint account with my father in which I am the principal applicant. I don't have any other account. can i use the same account for funds for express entry or i need to withdraw the name of my father from the account?
Ideally, it is always best if the bank account is solely on the name of the applicant.
But in you case, since you have not been working for past 3+ years, I think it is better to keep your father's name on.
Otherwise it might be suspicious how are you managing funds if you are not working.
Do wait for other members to get back to you on this.

nitingpt09

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
M sorry to say but thats a very bad suggestion.
The funds should solely be in your name or in a joint account with accompanying spouse.

They are not bothered about the source of income.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
The funds should solely be in your name or in a joint account with accompanying spouse.

agreed

mirappi18

Feb 25, 2016
Hello All ,

I have a query regarding the proof of funds o be showed.

I have 2 accounts in my name and out of which one has an FD.

When I request a Balance letter from the bank will I need to show from single account. Can anyone here precisely whats the amount in INR for CAD equivalent for the proof for 2 members(accompanying spouse)?

nav j

Dec 5, 2017
so

so if i convert joint into solo account..will it work?

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Hello All ,

When I request a Balance letter from the bank will I need to show from single account. Can anyone here precisely whats the amount in INR for CAD equivalent for the proof for 2 members(accompanying spouse)?
15312 $ for 2 people i.e about 7.8 lacs

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hello All ,

You can have several accounts and multiple banks as long as it's your account. Just follow the format they request and get the bank to write and sign them that way.