+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

s.immanual

Oct 10, 2015
Hi all,

My CRS score (according to the CRS tool) is 462

I am planning to apply for Expression of Entry once I get my PCC to ease the process.

As per immigration consultancies, the ideal amount to show Proof of Funds for 1 person (I am the only/primary applicant) is 6.5 lakh rupees and it should available in my bank account for at least 3 to 4 months.

CIC on the other hands states that this amount should be in ones account for atleast 6 months.

My questions:

· My parents are willing to provide the 6.5 Lakhs as a gift. Can I deposit this entire amount in one shot into my bank account?

· If yes, would I face any problem because of this & what documents do I need to provide to prove this deposit?

· If no, kindly enlighten me with the best way.

· How long should this amount be in my account?

· If it is 6 months as per CIC should I deposit this amount before I create a profile for Expression of Interest (EOI)

· Should it be available in my account until I clear immigration post landing in Canada once I get my visa?

I would be really grateful if you can provide your feedbacks.

Thanks in advance,

Immanual

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi all,

My CRS score (according to the CRS tool) is 462

I am planning to apply for Expression of Entry once I get my PCC to ease the process.

You can create you profile first and can apply for PCC once you receive an ITA as PCC will be valid for 6 months

As per immigration consultancies, the ideal amount to show Proof of Funds for 1 person (I am the only/primary applicant) is 6.5 lakh rupees and it should available in my bank account for at least 3 to 4 months.

CIC on the other hands states that this amount should be in ones account for atleast 6 months.

CIC asks for a balance statement from the bank for the last 6 months

My questions:

· My parents are willing to provide the 6.5 Lakhs as a gift. Can I deposit this entire amount in one shot into my bank account?

No problem in taking hte amount as gift from parents and can deposit in ur account, but get a notarized gift deed from ur parents

· If yes, would I face any problem because of this & what documents do I need to provide to prove this deposit?
No problem/Gift deed

· If no, kindly enlighten me with the best way.

· How long should this amount be in my account?
Till u land in canada

· If it is 6 months as per CIC should I deposit this amount before I create a profile for Expression of Interest (EOI)

· Should it be available in my account until I clear immigration post landing in Canada once I get my visa?

I would be really grateful if you can provide your feedbacks.

Thanks in advance,

Immanual

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Whatever @jackdawn replied is correct. But all these are standard questions and you should have searched the forum before starting a new thread for this. Please avoid making multiple threads for similar queries. Genuine issues suffer. Hope you understand. Thanks

Reactions: jackdawn

s.immanual

Oct 10, 2015
Whatever @jackdawn replied is correct. But all these are standard questions and you should have searched the forum before starting a new thread for this. Please avoid making multiple threads for similar queries. Genuine issues suffer. Hope you understand. Thanks
I apologies for creating a new thread regarding my queries. I created this thread since I felt that certain queries of mine where more subjective. Thank you Jackdawn & loveabhic for your support.

s.immanual

Oct 10, 2015
@jackdawn: just to be more clear I should have the 6.5 lakhs in my savings account for 6 months from the time from the day my parents have deposited this sum in my account yes?

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
@jackdawn: just to be more clear I should have the 6.5 lakhs in my savings account for 6 months from the time from the day my parents have deposited this sum in my account yes?
No, cic asks for a 6 months statements to see if there are any huge deposits made to it or if there is a steady and regular mode of amount coming in and if there is an average balance in the last 6 months as POF. The point is to check that the amount u show in your account is your own and not loaned or borrowed.

In ur case since u r getting a gift from ur parents u can show the 6 months statement and against the huge deposit u get from ur parents and ul show the gift deed as a proof

s.immanual

Oct 10, 2015
No, cic asks for a 6 months statements to see if there are any huge deposits made to it or if there is a steady and regular mode of amount coming in and if there is an average balance in the last 6 months as POF. The point is to check that the amount u show in your account is your own and not loaned or borrowed.

In ur case since u r getting a gift from ur parents u can show the 6 months statement and against the huge deposit u get from ur parents and ul show the gift deed as a proof
@jackdawn Thank you for this information. So even if they deposit this amount this month i.e., June, I can still provide CIC the bank statement for the last 6 months i.e., Jan to Jun even though it does not have large mount in it.

P.S.: Does withdrawal of huge amount such as 25,000 Rupees raise concerns since I pay my loan on a monthly basis so I withdraw this amount every month to pay for the same so my average balance would only end up to 4000 rupees.

Last edited: