+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
kukreja.vijayk said:
Thanks for your input. I think, yeah it make sense and I can then pursue it.

How about the 6 month average balance issue? Like as I said, I hardly maintain any bank balance in Saudi or Pakistan and remit the funds very regularly to my father for investment purposes under his name. How i can show this?

I will get the money from my father and transfer it to my account and can show the net assets of around 20,000 CAD. Though, I'm single and requires only 12,000 CAD.

However, please note that I can show my father statement, which has sufficient balance to show over the period of this much.

Thanks
Like I said before, get a letter stating you loaned your father a sum of XXX amount over the period of YY months/years and your father has returned the whole amount to you on DD/MM/YYYY.

This way you do not need to show 6 months statements and even if you do, you can justify the sudden deposit of huge sum in your account.

Good luck!

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
Like I said before, get a letter stating you loaned your father a sum of XXX amount over the period of YY months/years and your father has returned the whole amount to you on DD/MM/YYYY.

This way you do not need to show 6 months statements and even if you do, you can justify the sudden deposit of huge sum in your account.

Good luck!
Hi, I am in a similar situation. I used to send/loan my dad some money which he has not sent back in the last 2 months. I believe he did a manual transfer from a local money agent, and not his bank.

In this case, do I just need a letter written by my father, that he is returning the amount borrowed. I will have to dig through my bank history and find all the transfers made to him.

Or I would I need something more official? For example his bank statements.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hey everyone, i have few questions regarding POF:-

My funds are in the form of gift from my father, I have attached the gift deed, but the funds were transferred to my account a month before the date of deed was made,
1. Will it cause any problem in my application? Or is it ok, (I am fro . India, my consultant says it should be fine).

My Bank did not issue me the balance certificate on letterhead as they said the don't have one, they signed with seal on a normal paper, nor did they mentioned the date of opening account etc.
So I requested them again, to which they gave me a certificate on a printed page with bank's logo and mentioned the date of opening of account, current balance, contact information of bank ( but again did not mention the average balance and gave me 6 months statements instead stamped and signed). Most importantly they mentioned the following lines at the end of my certificate, " The certificate is issued at the specific request of the customer without any responsibility at the part of Bank/signing official or as guarantor."
And the bank was reluctant to give me any more help in this.
So my consultant suggested to attach both certificates (the one on letter head and the other on normal paper) and the statements together.
2. Will this be sufficient for the CIC or might cause any problem?
3. Will the statements of previous 6 months be sufficient to prove my average balance as requested by CIC?
4. in short , are all my POF documents in order for CIC?