+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds while landing in Canada

priteevdamle

Jun 27, 2012
Hello All,

I and my husband will be landing in Canada soon. I have few doubts about Proof of funds. We are planning to carry 7000$-8000$ in cash & for the rest we are planning to show bank statements. Do they accept bank statements? Can we carry funds in form of US$ as we will be coming from USA.

Thanks in advance.
Pritee

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to show the funds while landing (crossing the border ) around $ 14000/- ( for two members ).

As per CIC :

Disclosure of funds

If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

Bank statements are not mentioned by CIC.

If you are moving from the United States to Canada or any other country, the U.S. government places no restrictions on the amount of money that you can take with you when you leave the country. However, you do have to declare any amount that is $10,000 or more. If you fail to do so, the money can actually be seized by the Customs and Border Patrol agent. If you cross the border by private vehicle to Canada, you don't go to a US Customs and directly enter to a Canadian Boarder gate.

soop

Jan 18, 2010
Hi Priteevdamle

i saw you post in this forum having issue with POF. Hope you guys are landed safely.I am in us right now planning to land feb second week.I am planning to travel by road with rental car from buffalo and return back within a week.I am returning back using Automatic re validation as my f1 has expired and now on h1B.

Please could you share your experience of landing process.

Is it fine if i take $8000 as travel check and remaining as bank statement? did that worked for you??

thank you
soop