+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds when working in Canada

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
I searched through this forum, however I couldn't find anything to be satisfied. :-[

I'm common-law, PNP nominee with 600 points in my Express Entry profile, currently working in Canada on "close work permit" and my spouse is also working in Canada on "open work permit".
I know we should have $15,143 as a proof of funds, however we don't have that amount at the moment neither in the near future.

I will receive an ITA in 2 weeks, but will our PR application be refused after? Or as a BC PNP nominee, do I really need to upload a proof of funds?

Reading this forum, I've found 2 possibilities:

1) To fill in "0" in my Express Entry profile in the section under proof of funds and then after accepting ITA, they won't need proof of funds from me
2) Fill in the amount that we currently have, get bank statements and upload an explanation letter saying that I'm on close work permit and my spouse on open work permit and that we both have jobs so we don't need to prove how much money we have

What would you do? Thank you!

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
Anford said:
I searched through this forum, however I couldn't find anything to be satisfied. :-[

I'm common-law, PNP nominee with 600 points in my Express Entry profile, currently working in Canada on "close work permit" and my spouse is also working in Canada on "open work permit".
I know we should have $15,143 as a proof of funds, however we don't have that amount at the moment neither in the near future.

I will receive an ITA in 2 weeks, but will our PR application be refused after? Or as a BC PNP nominee, do I really need to upload a proof of funds?

Reading this forum, I've found 2 possibilities:

1) To fill in "0" in my Express Entry profile in the section under proof of funds and then after accepting ITA, they won't need proof of funds from me
2) Fill in the amount that we currently have, get bank statements and upload an explanation letter saying that I'm on close work permit and my spouse on open work permit and that we both have jobs so we don't need to prove how much money we have

What would you do? Thank you!
Are you applying under CEC or FSW?

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
"Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada"

You can find this information here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You don't need to provide proof of funds!

Thanks and good luck!

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
omarimam said:
Are you applying under CEC or FSW?
Neither - I'm applying under PNP and that's what my ITA is going to say (I've received it in the past but didn't accept). It doesn't say if I'm invited under CEC or FSW, the ITA only says PNP. Thank you!

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
omarimam said:
"Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada"

You can find this information here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You don't need to provide proof of funds!

Thanks and good luck!
I'm currently authorized to work in Canada but I don't meet the second condition (AND have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada) as this thread is saying my job offer is not valid - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tip-how-to-get-50-points-without-lmia-t471565.0.html