+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Funds - Sudden influx of funds in bank account

Jun 23, 2017
Dear Members,

I need an urgent advice from you.

As per CIC, minimum funds required for a single person application is $12,300. I have gone through earlier conversations and noticed that the Visa Officer can request for Bank Statement up to 6 months old from the date of the bank statement provided, to ensure that the funds are not borrowed. As of today, I have 75% of the required funds with me but not in back account instead in my mutual funds account. I intend to redeem my investments from mutual funds when I am about to file the documents for ITA, due to the reason that my current investments are in loss and till the time I will file the documents for ITA, much of the loss will be recovered. As evidence, along with bank statement I will also attach my 6 months account statement of mutual funds so that it is visible that the funds were in my account for more than 6 months.

However, I'm confuse about one thing on which I need your clarification. Will CIC raise an objection on the huge influx of funds in my bank account, despite of the fact that I will be attaching the 6 months old account statement of my investment in mutual funds?

Further, the remaining 25% of the required funds will be covered through the Bonus that I will be getting in near future from my Company. For the influx of funds in my bank account due to bonus, I will be attaching my bonus slip duly issued by my Company. Hope this sudden influx of funds due to bonus will also not create an issue. If yes, then please do let me know.

Your early response shall be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
As long as you have proofs clearly showing where the money is coming from...it is not a issue.
You can also write a letter to explain the finances and how they are obtain and upload it with your documents, in fact it is recommended that you explain any confusions in a letter if you feel you need to clear the air...so cic takes it into account when processing.

Otherwise they ask for further details once the process starts..which takes time.