+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds requirements - Explained

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
rajkamalmohanram said:
The 6 months requirement is to ensure that you are not showing borrowed funds. If you are able to demonstrate the source of funds (pay slips if it was saved from your salary/sale receipt if it was from the sale of your car etc) you are good to go!
thanks.
yes, i have my salary slips for the last 2 years. i can produce to them if needed...

UZA

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hey ... my father has transferred funds to my bank account last month... do I need to attach a affidavit or certificate from him. I also have some national saving certificates. Can I transfer them into my bank account and show them.

nicksar

Nov 6, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
DD Encashed on 26-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 22-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2015
Med's Request
5-May-2016
Med's Done....
First Round 11-May-2016 | 2nd Round - 10-Jan-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-Apr-2017
Dear Friends,

Required an urgent clarification. Would be great if someone shows me some light in the tunnel.

I am FSW - Dec 2014 applicant. By the time I received my MR, my wife was pregnant, So i had done everything including the proof of fund except my wife's x-ray.

I informed about my wife pregnancy to CIC and they had replied the below.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please send to this office the following documents, within 60 days of the birth of your child, in order to include your new dependant in your application.

a) a processing fee in the form of a bank draft for C$150 for child, payable to "Receiver General for Canada"

There are 2 (two) ways to submit your fee payment:

1) Online
Pay your fees online and attach the receipt in reply to this email:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en&_ga=1.101731969.1067713985.1431481638

2) Bank Draft
Pay your fee in the form of a bank draft and send it to us via registered mail.
(Note: Bank drafts are only accepted in Canadian dollars)

b) notarized copy of the Birth and/or Adoption Certificate(s) of your new born

c) updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and spouse. The forms can be downloaded from www.cic.gc.ca.

d) 2 passport-sized photos of your new born, refer to the attached specifications

Failure to comply with these instructions may result in the refusal of your application.

All documents that are not in either English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation. It is your responsibility to notify this office of any change in your address, contact numbers, marital status, family configuration, or employment or educational status.

To assist with the review of your documents, please quote the above application number on all pages of your correspondence and include a copy of this letter/email with your submission.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

Do I need to arrange prrof of funds once again?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicksar said:
Dear Friends,

Required an urgent clarification. Would be great if someone shows me some light in the tunnel.

I am FSW - Dec 2014 applicant. By the time I received my MR, my wife was pregnant, So i had done everything including the proof of fund except my wife's x-ray.

I informed about my wife pregnancy to CIC and they had replied the below.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please send to this office the following documents, within 60 days of the birth of your child, in order to include your new dependant in your application.

a) a processing fee in the form of a bank draft for C$150 for child, payable to "Receiver General for Canada"

There are 2 (two) ways to submit your fee payment:

1) Online
Pay your fees online and attach the receipt in reply to this email:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en&_ga=1.101731969.1067713985.1431481638

2) Bank Draft
Pay your fee in the form of a bank draft and send it to us via registered mail.
(Note: Bank drafts are only accepted in Canadian dollars)

b) notarized copy of the Birth and/or Adoption Certificate(s) of your new born

c) updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and spouse. The forms can be downloaded from www.cic.gc.ca.

d) 2 passport-sized photos of your new born, refer to the attached specifications

Failure to comply with these instructions may result in the refusal of your application.

All documents that are not in either English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation. It is your responsibility to notify this office of any change in your address, contact numbers, marital status, family configuration, or employment or educational status.

To assist with the review of your documents, please quote the above application number on all pages of your correspondence and include a copy of this letter/email with your submission.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

Do I need to arrange prrof of funds once again?
Yes. For a family of 3 instead of 2.

nicksar

Nov 6, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
DD Encashed on 26-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 22-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2015
Med's Request
5-May-2016
Med's Done....
First Round 11-May-2016 | 2nd Round - 10-Jan-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-Apr-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. For a family of 3 instead of 2.
Dear Mate,

Thanks much. But my doubt is that in the last e-mail, They have not mentioned anything about the fund proof. Still is it required?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicksar said:
Dear Mate,

Thanks much. But my doubt is that in the last e-mail, They have not mentioned anything about the fund proof. Still is it required?
Err on the side of caution. No harm in providing additional POF even if that letter doesn't ask for it.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

If the fund that I am showing as POF is a joint account with my wife , is that be ok ?

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Hey guys,

Is it REQUIRED that the amount be in your account for atleast 6 months?
I am expecting an ITA around March-April.
Do you guys recommend to start maintaining my bank statement?
And as per CIC single family member needs CAN $ 12164. However, in my EE profile I've mentioned CAN $ 18617.

Would it matter if I didn't show POF of CAN $ 18617?

GhanaianIndian

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
EE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-17
Med's Done....
01-03-17
Hi

I have my ITA. Just inquisitive if we have to all show all bank account numbers.

I have been really stupid in my early life and have around 7 bank accounts. Some of them are in India and I am here. Funds themselves are not an issue. But showing statements for all accounts definitely is

Thanks
GhanaianIndian

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
GhanaianIndian said:
Hi

I have my ITA. Just inquisitive if we have to all show all bank account numbers.

I have been really stupid in my early life and have around 7 bank accounts. Some of them are in India and I am here. Funds themselves are not an issue. But showing statements for all accounts definitely is

Thanks
GhanaianIndian
You just have to show statements/letter for the funds that you are planning to show as POF. You don't have to disclose all your accounts.

SamDK

Jul 6, 2016
Hi folks!
I am in a bit of a situation regarding my POF.
I have been trying to figure out what CIC would accept as proof and while I understand that you are not allowed to use 'borrowed money from another person as funds', I am wondering if they refer to another person in general, or if, say, a regular bank loan is acceptable?
I have my ITA and I am trying to figure this out now before I would have to (potentially) decline my invitation :'(
I have a job and an income here in Canada, but it is not considered a valid job offer.
This whole mess is quite painful as I am perfectly capable of surviving here in financial terms, but this is by a monthly income, not a savings account.
Therefore, my plan would be to talk with my bank in my home country, set up a loan, basically never touch it, apply for PR and hope for the best and then shut the loan down again.
But I guess this won't work if they refuse to accept a bank loan as funds (especially if said money needs to have been present in my account for the past 3 months)
I hope some of can clarify this to me or perhaps send a link to CIC's website, explaining this in detail. I've been searching already but cannot find any information specifying a bank loan's validity.
Thank you!

KirillM

Nov 14, 2016
Hello everybody

I have enough money as POF in my savings account with long-term history.

However I have a small credit for mobile phone in another bank.
Should I also take letter from that bank and attach it to my account after receiving ITA?

Best,

phatdolfin82

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, for FSW POF, do I need to include ALL my bank accounts or just those proving funds?? I have an account with TD but they won't give me a Letter confirming my account details. They only give these letters in person, but I'm not in Canada.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
phatdolfin82 said:
Hi, for FSW POF, do I need to include ALL my bank accounts or just those proving funds?? I have an account with TD but they won't give me a Letter confirming my account details. They only give these letters in person, but I'm not in Canada.
Only those proving funds.