+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF FUNDS ON LANDING

loggan

Apr 18, 2010
SOME ONE PLIZ HELP ME ON THIS, WHICH FORM OF PROOF OF FUNDS DO THEY WANT? CAN THEY ACCEPT CASH? IF SO CAN I PRESENT USA DOLLARS OR MUST IT BE CANADIAN DOLLARS? WOULD THE AIRLINERS ALLOW ME TO MOVE WITH SUCH AMOUNTS OF FUNDS?

Ahmad06

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
They usually do not ask proof of funds from immigrants but so u can show them in any currency....

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loggan said:
SOME ONE PLIZ HELP ME ON THIS, WHICH FORM OF PROOF OF FUNDS DO THEY WANT? CAN THEY ACCEPT CASH? IF SO CAN I PRESENT USA DOLLARS OR MUST IT BE CANADIAN DOLLARS? WOULD THE AIRLINERS ALLOW ME TO MOVE WITH SUCH AMOUNTS OF FUNDS?
You need to show proof of funds if it is asked by the immigration officer which can be in form of a bank statement, TC's, bank draft or Cash.

If carrying more then 10000 CAD then you would need to declare it by default. The funds should be transferable to Canada and should help you settle in Canada which is the motive of immigration system to keep this clause.

Hope I have answered your question. Happy Landing.

loggan

Apr 18, 2010
rocky272727 said:
You need to show proof of funds if it is asked by the immigration officer which can be in form of a bank statement, TC's, bank draft or Cash.

If carrying more then 10000 CAD then you would need to declare it by default. The funds should be transferable to Canada and should help you settle in Canada which is the motive of immigration system to keep this clause.

Hope I have answered your question. Happy Landing.
You`ve sort of answered but not quite. I need to make a decision. I have money but its hard to get canadian dollars where iam. I have US dollars , will they accept them? Will the air liners allow me to cary such big amount of money? Thanks

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loggan said:
You`ve sort of answered but not quite. I need to make a decision. I have money but its hard to get canadian dollars where iam. I have US dollars , will they accept them? Yes. You change it at a forex desk once you arrive in Canada to Canadian Dollars Will the air liners allow me to cary such big amount of money? They can't stop you. You are not meant to mention to anyone but the immigration officer in Canada that you are carrying such funds. Huh you might need to declare this to immigration in your Country of exit should this be required by Law. Thanks