+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds- Joint bank account with Non accompanying spouse

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have majority of funds in the joint account with my spouse who is non-accompanying right now.

Has anyone had a luck with showing proof of funds in a join account when your spouse was non accompanying ?

Appreciate your response!

Last edited:

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have majority of funds in my spouse accounts who is non-accompanying right now.

Has anyone had a luck with showing proof of funds in a join account when your spouse was non accompanying ?

Appreciate your response!
I don’t think this should be a problem as long as you have sufficient paper work to prove your spousal relationship.

Get a notarized approval from your spouse as well that you have access to this cash for extra measures.

Reactions: Tanglechuu

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
Thank you for your response! Any other group members who have had success , please chime in. Will be really helpful.

ahmad.kassir

Jul 24, 2020
Thank you for your response! Any other group members who have had success , please chime in. Will be really helpful.
Hello
Did it work for you ? Please I am planning to apply for immigration with joint bank account with my mother not accompanying

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hello
Did it work for you ? Please I am planning to apply for immigration with joint bank account with my mother not accompanying
I was in a similar situation wherein my mother was a joint account holder. However I was the primary account holder and I got a notarized statement from my bank which mentioned only my name.

This point aside, my advise to all aspirants is this: As long as all your other documents are in order especially those pertaining to your finances like pay-stubs etc., any one documentation/item will not cause any adverse impact to your application. Worst case scenario, you might be asked for an explanation.

jasdol

Feb 9, 2020
I was in a similar situation wherein my mother was a joint account holder. However I was the primary account holder and I got a notarized statement from my bank which mentioned only my name.

This point aside, my advise to all aspirants is this: As long as all your other documents are in order especially those pertaining to your finances like pay-stubs etc., any one documentation/item will not cause any adverse impact to your application. Worst case scenario, you might be asked for an explanation.

Hi, I have the joint bank account too. But my bank says they will not remove my Father's name.. THe only way for me is to close my account. That will result into lose of all the transactions too.

What kind of notarized statement you got ?