+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for Study Permit

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@dandy , the best way to show your financial capability would be to pay the 1year tuition fees and show the remaining in the bank

danydavito

May 17, 2010
Obeid_oo said:
@ dandy , the best way to show your financial capability would be to pay the 1year tuition fees and show the remaining in the bank
Hello Obeido
I am from Nigeria. The canadian high commission embassy in Nigeria states that any payment made before visa approval is at your own risk. They advised that you show all funds in account until approval as payment does not guarantee approval. So ......

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ dandy you are right

I think students who take loan have to make payment of 1 st semester

maan2010

Jul 31, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Request
01-June-2011
Med's Done....
03-June-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
11-August-2011(Stamped on August 5, 2011)
LANDED..........
4-September-2011(Insha'Allah)
Obeid_oo said:
@ dandy you are right

I think students who take loan have to make payment of 1 st semester
u dont need 2 pay even a penny b4 VISA approval...just follow d rules or face d consequences

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Hi guys I need some help related to financial matters. I have applied for master program and i am maintaining my own bank statement around 25000-30000 $. My father provided me this amount! Still do I need to show my father business or bank account? I am pretty confused that what sort of proof cic will ask! would it be my father business proof? In this scenario which particular documents do i have to maintain for cic! can some one guide me in this matter?

sagittarianrn

Feb 1, 2011
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site. I applied for a certain college in Toronto and just received the offer letter regarding the course that I got admitted to. I am now in the process of compiling all the required documents for my Student Visa. I have several questions though regarding proof of funds.

1.) I don't have that much money on MY account. However, each of my family members (parents plus my brother) has bank accounts wherein my mother is a co-depositor. Summing up all the money from the bank account my family has could account for the tuition fee requirement.

Question: Is it possible that the proof of funds would come from the family account (meaning different account holders)? Or since my mother is the co-depositor for all of our accounts, can I make her as my SPONSOR since actually my parents are the ones supporting me? Also, can I make multiple sponsors?

Majority of the family's assets are invested on lands and other businesses (even I have inherited land titles named after me). We are planning to sell them to aid in this proof of funds requirement. If for example we are successful in liquidating our assets within next month, does that mean I have to wait for 4 months after the required money has been deposited to my mother's account before I could apply for an SV?

I hope you could help me out with my concerns. I already have the offer letter for Fall 2011 (start of classes is September 2011) and I want to start the course at that time.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@usama

U can keep the money in your account since it's maintained for sometime. Regarding supporing documents you can add salary certificate of you parents or income certificate of parents

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Thanks man!

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Well I have applied in Toronto University for Master of Applied Computer Science. The duration of this course is 16 months and the tuition fee for 16 month is $18,000! How much bank statement do I required for VISA? can any one tell me the exact figure?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello usama

16 months means it's a 2 year course.

I'm guessing 9000 dollars is the cost of tuition per year

that means 9000+10000=19000$ , if u can show around 21000$-23000$ that would be enough

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Thanks for guiding about financial matters. The main issue I am facing right now that I don't know how to show my proof of funds?
I am maintaining my own bank statement of around 25K $ after selling some property. I am fresh graduate and don't have strong source of income! What sort of documents(proof of funds) VISA officer expect from me?
Will he accept my application if I am unable to show any proof of funds?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello usama

you can keep the money as it is in your account,now what you need is a sponsor,someone preferably from your family..like a brother or ur father, but they must be employed in order to be sponsoring your financials,they should provide you with an affidavit that they will support your expenses in Canada , you will also need their salary certificates.

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Actually my father is a business man. Mostly he worked as a contractor/broker and earned commission. Also he ran travel agencies in past. So now do I need show some business documents? If yes then how and what type of?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello usama,

you must provide a letter or certificate from your father's company which states that your father is working at their company , earning a certain amount of money monthly,you can ask ur father about it he knows what it means,you also need an affidavit and you need your father's bank statement

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Thanks for prompt replies.
Alright then I need certificate from my father company showing his source of income and bank statement! Is it compulsory that I have to show my father bank statement? my own bank statement won't work in this case?
All I can provide right now is my father company's certificate + my own bank account statement(coz my father transferred all the money from his bank account to mine)! can I get the visa with these things?