+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec_21 said:
Yes the bank account is in my name, I will provide a bank letter but IRCC guidelines states that bank has to mention account balance and 6 months average right?

Thanks for your reply..
Correct, if the bank fails to provide this information (which is common) then you have to provide bank statements of the past 6 months.

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Correct, if the bank fails to provide this information (which is common) then you have to provide bank statements of the past 6 months.
Yo Homie giving you + 1 haha

If I ask my cousin/friend to transfer the money from his account, do i need his 6 months or 1 months statement or just that one day statement highlighting the transfer and attaching it along with LOE.. Or cheque option is better? Thank you

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Guys I have some good news and more confusion... Please help!!!

So today I managed to secure employment with a company and I will be able to meet the minimum criteria by the end of the month (Month 1 of 3) prior to my application. Alternatively I can ask the employer to pay me the incentives for the project in advance and cover the minimum amount needed in my account fairly soon.

The person I hired to help me advised me to ask my parents to deposit the check as soon as tomorrow as the amount being in the account for a long time is more important than who provided you the money (he says no explanation is required since I have a job).

Now I am confused. Should I ask my parents to deposit the money to my account without explanation or wait a week and let my new company deposit the amount. Which is more important the duration the money is in the account or who provides you the money?

Thank you in advance!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec_21 said:
Yo Homie giving you + 1 haha

If I ask my cousin/friend to transfer the money from his account, do i need his 6 months or 1 months statement or just that one day statement highlighting the transfer and attaching it along with LOE.. Or cheque option is better? Thank you
Cheque or bank statement of the last month are sufficient.

Plus a letter stating that the money is a gift not a loan, obviously.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UnleashedFX said:
Guys I have some good news and more confusion... Please help!!!

So today I managed to secure employment with a company and I will be able to meet the minimum criteria by the end of the month (Month 1 of 3) prior to my application. Alternatively I can ask the employer to pay me the incentives for the project in advance and cover the minimum amount needed in my account fairly soon.

The person I hired to help me advised me to ask my parents to deposit the check as soon as tomorrow as the amount being in the account for a long time is more important than who provided you the money (he says no explanation is required since I have a job).

Now I am confused. Should I ask my parents to deposit the money to my account without explanation or wait a week and let my new company deposit the amount. Which is more important the duration the money is in the account or who provides you the money?

Thank you in advance!
Either get a gift deed from or parents or cover the minimum required funds with your salary

Getting the money from your parents without explanation will raise red flags.

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Either get a gift deed from or parents or cover the minimum required funds with your salary

Getting the money from your parents without explanation will raise red flags.
Thank you DelPiero07 +1 (whenever I am able to give you a +1 again due to the waiting period).

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
UnleashedFX said:
Thank you DelPiero07 +1 (whenever I am able to give you a +1 again due to the waiting period).
Lol, i gave +1 on your behalf

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
I have 2 questions, let me tell the scenario first,

My wife's original name is 'Mani' (she did not put a last name in official documents).. We got married in 2013 when she changed her name to 'Mani Chhabra' in all official documents.. In 2014, she created a Fixed Deposit with her name as only 'Mani' on the FD document..

1st question: Can I use this FD as a proof of fund (considering FD has her first name only)?? If yes, do I need to attach any additional document to it??

2nd question: Do I need to prove that where did this money came from as it has been more than 2.5 years now?? Also, this FD is due to mature in 6 months time..

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.. Also, it would be great if you can share some link where some official detail of POF is given which I can relate to my concern..

Thanks!!!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
pankaj.chhabra said:
I have 2 questions, let me tell the scenario first,

My wife's original name is 'Mani' (she did not put a last name in official documents).. We got married in 2013 when she changed her name to 'Mani Chhabra' in all official documents.. In 2014, she created a Fixed Deposit with her name as only 'Mani' on the FD document..

1st question: Can I use this FD as a proof of fund (considering FD has her first name only)?? If yes, do I need to attach any additional document to it??

2nd question: Do I need to prove that where did this money came from as it has been more than 2.5 years now?? Also, this FD is due to mature in 6 months time..

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.. Also, it would be great if you can share some link where some official detail of POF is given which I can relate to my concern..

Thanks!!!
1. Hey, there could be lots of Mani's out there. Why not cash the FD and put a new one in her current name?

2. You have to give proof of how you guys got the money. How will they know the money isn't a loan that was put in FD? People do that

Link here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
My bank do not provide for average monthly balance. I have attached bank statements for the last six months. Would it be okay?

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Is it okay to ask a friend I did work for to give me a company check and for me to deposit it?

I will scan the check before depositing it and obtain a letter stating that I did the project from date x to date y and I got paid for it.

Would that be sufficient?

Thank you!

JordanaF

Feb 27, 2017
One_Topsy said:
You need to show the source. Was it Salary? Show them proof.
If it is a gift, provide the evidence of transfer and a gift deed from the person that gave you.

They need to see that you did not borrow the money and it is readily available to you to bring to Canada.

Travel Money shows them the second part.

But you still need to show the money is yours and you did not borrow it

Thank you'

push1988

Feb 18, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Hi All,
I had a question: I have 4 fixed deposits in my account- created in June last year- that have enough funds required.
They were created online only.
Now to show PoF, i am taking statement for these 4 stamped/signed from bank.
Do I still need bank statement for last 6 months?

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
UnleashedFX said:
Is it okay to ask a friend I did work for to give me a company check and for me to deposit it?

I will scan the check before depositing it and obtain a letter stating that I did the project from date x to date y and I got paid for it.

Would that be sufficient?

Thank you!
Sorry guys, but it is quite urgent. Anybody who can help me?

Much appreciated! :)

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi, i needed to have 12,300 CAD as a single applicant but i couldn't maintain it for months. So i transferred around $8000 cad from my sister yesterday.

1. What are documents will i be needing for POF ?

Are this documents okay ?
- 1. My Bank Certificate mentioning opening and closing date and amount of money present.
- 2. Gift Deed and Bank Statement of My sister for that particular month. ( or should i add source of that fund from her ?)

2. Can i apply straight away or should i keep the fund for a month and then apply ? I still have around 68 days to submit my Eapr.