+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Divyasharad

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi,

I am little confused on the showing proof of funds regarding : bank statement of 6 months and average 6 month balance.

I have the required funds in my bank at this moment but i have accumulated that only last month. Will this create any problem?

visawizard

Jan 7, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Apologies if I am repeating the question here. I received invite for OINP in Dec and submitted my application in Feb. After I submitted the documents CIC had updated the fund required amount. I received an email later stating that if I don't update with the new mentioned amount my profile would get deactivated. Hence I updated with the new required amount. However, this might be less than the amount I showed in the documents. Can I send an updated statement along with the change of circumstance form? Has anybody else faced the same issue or could someone provide guidance on this?

Thank you

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi,

I am having an issue with POF. As per the POF requirement, I am supposed to bring 15k CAD (2 people in the family) to Canada but I don't want to bring the entire money when I land. If I carry less than the required amount, will there be any problem while landing? Will the officer ask to see the exact 15k as part of the landing procedure?

Please suggest!

Thanks!

Sepehragapeh

Feb 4, 2015
Have a question, in cic website says if you are in Canada you don't need to provide the fund. Is that true or have I understood it wrong? because it then goes on and says other stuff which to me seems contradictory ..

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
wifiwifey said:
Hi,

I am having an issue with POF. As per the POF requirement, I am supposed to bring 15k CAD (2 people in the family) to Canada but I don't want to bring the entire money when I land. If I carry less than the required amount, will there be any problem while landing? Will the officer ask to see the exact 15k as part of the landing procedure?

Please suggest!

Thanks!
They don't want you to bring the money with you, as long as you have proof that you own the money it doesn't matter which account you have it :)

May 26, 2016
Hi, I have a quick question regarding Proof of Funds.

If I am in Canada working under a temporary work permit and looking to apply under FSW program, can I use a letter from my father's financial institution showing the funds in his bank account which is overseas, or do I need to show proof of funds in a Canadian account only since I am in Canada?

ToCanadawithLove

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Paistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 May But Returned will Reapply again ASAP
Hi ! I have 80,000 $ as property on my own name . can I show this as POF as when I get visa I intend to sell it to move to Canada. Also Gold Bars can be considered as POF? I have 4 Ounces. Please help me out. ???
Thanks!

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
ToCanadawithLove said:
Hi ! I have 80,000 $ as property on my own name . can I show this as POF as when I get visa I intend to sell it to move to Canada. Also Gold Bars can be considered as POF? I have 4 Ounces. Please help me out. ???
Thanks!
Property for sure no because they want your pof to be liquid. Gold I have no idea.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi.

1. Can I use Fixed Deposit certificates as proof of funds? Would I need an accompanying bank letter verifying that the funds have been held for a specific time period, or is the deposit date and period on the certificate sufficient for this purpose?

2. Do I need to show my total assets or only that level indicated on the visa application?

Thanks for you help.

Apr 12, 2016
Hi All,

Can someone assist me with 2 questions:

1) Are gift deeds accepted by CIC for proof of funds at ITA? If so does anyone have an example of one

2) I have just under the required LICO amount in my account (due to fluctuating exchange rate) however I also have a Pension Fund that will take me well over the required LICO. Am I able to submit my pension fund statement as POF along with my bank statements and will it be accepted?

Thank you

visawizard

Jan 7, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Candyholla1453
I just found a gift deed format in another thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t349224.0.html;msg4633919#msg4633919

Hope that helps

Nshree

Apr 11, 2016
Sorry if I am repeating the query.

Is provident fund statement acceptable a PoF? I have read conflicting views. If yes, anyone who recently submitted PF statements?
Also, do PoF documents necessarily need to be converted to CAD before submission?

May 26, 2016
Hi, I have two important questions.

I am in Canada working and I have received an ITA under the FSW program. Is it okay for me to show for the funds my parents account which is in India, if I include a letter from them stating that the funds are available for my support at any time? I do not have 12,000 dollars to show them under my own name..

Also, I currently have a car loan payment here in Canada. Should I include a letter from the financial institution listing the car loan? Can a vehicle's value be considered towards proof of funds?

Any input on these two questions will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

joyaman

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-05-2016 sinp
AOR Received.
09-06-2016 cic
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
Nshree said:
Sorry if I am repeating the query.

Is provident fund statement acceptable a PoF? I have read conflicting views. If yes, anyone who recently submitted PF statements?
Also, do PoF documents necessarily need to be converted to CAD before submission?
acceptable.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Yes, Fixed Deposit Certificates can be used as POF. Just get a latest statement of the FDs from the bank, scan it and upload in your PR form. Usually, the statements include the opening date.

You need to only include assets equivalent to the amount required.

johnjkjk said:
Hi.

1. Can I use Fixed Deposit certificates as proof of funds? Would I need an accompanying bank letter verifying that the funds have been held for a specific time period, or is the deposit date and period on the certificate sufficient for this purpose?

2. Do I need to show my total assets or only that level indicated on the visa application?

Thanks for you help.