+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds during landing - queries

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hello everyone. I had some queries regarding Proof of funds during landing.

1. At Port of entry if asked for proof of funds/ how much cash I'm carrying - is it sufficient to show current bank statement with minimum required amount for single applicant(with gift deed) or do I need to show average balance of 6 months?

2. I do have a bank statement dated April 18 which shows 6 months average meeting eligibility criteria. Can this be used at Port of entry in July?

3. During documents submission I had shown funds in USA bank account, but currently I've moved to India. Is it okay to show funds in Indian account now.

I had borrowed money showed gift deed, then returned money after taking statement.

Im trying to find best solution so I can be acceptable at Port of entry

Please help!

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hello everyone. I had some queries regarding Proof of funds during landing.

1. At Port of entry if asked for proof of funds/ how much cash I'm carrying - is it sufficient to show current bank statement with minimum required amount for single applicant(with gift deed) or do I need to show average balance of 6 months?

2. I do have a bank statement dated April 18 which shows 6 months average meeting eligibility criteria. Can this be used at Port of entry in July?

3. During documents submission I had shown funds in USA bank account, but currently I've moved to India. Is it okay to show funds in Indian account now.

I had borrowed money showed gift deed, then returned money after taking statement.

Im trying to find best solution so I can be acceptable at Port of entry

Please help!
At port of entry, it's highly unlikely they ask for proof of funds. If asked, you can show them the latest bank statement, be it from Indian or US account.

They will ask, "how much money are you bringing?", to which you have to give them numbers.
That being said, you have to declare if you are bringing more than 10,000 CAD in cash with you.

Reactions: Eli31

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
At port of entry, it's highly unlikely they ask for proof of funds. If asked, you can show them the latest bank statement, be it from Indian or US account.

They will ask, "how much money are you bringing?", to which you have to give them numbers.
That being said, you have to declare if you are bringing more than 10,000 CAD in cash with you.
Thank you Sundar. Any suggestions on the following? It would be really helpful. Can i use a bank statement dated 3 months behind, or would I need new bank statement. And will it have to be an average of last 6 months?

Thanks again.