+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - Clarifications

MartinXenix

Jun 19, 2014
ON
Hi,

It should be no problem as long as you have enough funds (or equivalent) to support the whole family (i.e. all the people applying together).

Cheers :)

noman_pe

Apr 11, 2017
Hello All!

Hope everyone is fine!

I have similar query. I know that certain amount is to be shown to CIC for FSW as proof of funds. I have two queries.

1. On this forum I've learnt that cash-able investment is valid as proof. Is this applicable for Express Entry as well?
2. How long required amount should be present in your account? Some people say CIC needs to see that balance for 06 Months prior to lodging application, while some say it may be only last amount balance in your statement. Unfortunately, official website does not speak too much about it. w ww.cic.gc.ca/ english/immigrate/skilled/fund s.asp

If anyone has any idea, kindly clarify this confusion.

Thanks.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
noman_pe said:
Hello All!

Hope everyone is fine!

I have similar query. I know that certain amount is to be shown to CIC for FSW as proof of funds. I have two queries.

1. On this forum I've learnt that cash-able investment is valid as proof. Is this applicable for Express Entry as well?
2. How long required amount should be present in your account? Some people say CIC needs to see that balance for 06 Months prior to lodging application, while some say it may be only last amount balance in your statement. Unfortunately, official website does not speak too much about it. w ww.cic.gc.ca/ english/immigrate/skilled/fund s.asp

If anyone has any idea, kindly clarify this confusion.

Thanks.
1.) Yes FSWP is a part of EE only so you need the Proof of Funds.

2.) Ideally the amount should be in your account for 6 months or more. If not, you need to prove that the amount is yours and you did not borrow it from someone. If you justify the source of it, then it does not matter how old the deposit is in your account. If someone is giving you the money, get a gift deed. If you are selling something, get the sale deed as a proof.

pleaseverify

Mar 24, 2016
I also have a question regarding proof of funds. I have own account and a joint account and I transferred some of the funds from my joint account to my own account. What document do I need to get or present? kindly help me