+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds: CEC

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Hello,

I got an ITA under the CEC program a month ago. As part of my profile, I had mentioned that I will be bringing CAD 15k into Canada (My savings + investments at that time).

I did not realize that I should have put $0 since I was eligible under CEC. ANd now I'm required to provide proof of funds.

Now that I have an ITA, should I change it to $0?

This 15k is what I have currently, and is not my average balance over 6 months (i.e. I did not have 15k 6 months ago, I have been incrementally adding to my savings). Is that fine?

Also, my bank gave me a letter stating my current balance, and gave me 6 months worth of statements, is that good enough? And for my TFSA investment account, I was given my portfolio summary, and details on every transaction I've had with that account.

Should I go ahead and keep it at 15k and submit the above proof of funds, or should I look into changing the value?

Please advise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Upload a letter in the POF placeholder stating that you've been invited under the CEC program and thus, no POF are required.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
shshivam said:
I did not realize that I should have put $0 since I was eligible under CEC. ANd now I'm required to provide proof of funds.
No, you are not required to provide proof of funds.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Reactions: Hazel75

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
Upload a letter in the POF placeholder stating that you've been invited under the CEC program and thus, no POF are required.
And no need to change anything in the application with regards to the 15k amount?

Hazel75

Jun 9, 2017
Oh thank you guys. I'm in the exact situation as shshivam's. I got the bank letter and everything else, and now just realized that I was invited to apply under CEC!
My husband said that just upload the POFs documents as we've prepared already but now I think I will take your advice and submit an LOE instead.
shshi