+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds by landing

memikoglan

Dec 25, 2007
As a new immigrant when I get to Canada, I know that it is necessary to show proof of funds. I just want to be sure if I bring money as a cash will I face any problem. I am planning to enter more than $20.000 and of course I will disclosure it to the custom. Is that ok bring that money as a cash or do I have to have bank statement or money order etc.

Thank you for your consideration.

C

cchabert

That's a lot of cash to carry in your pocket, where are you coming from? If you come from USA just bring enough for taxi and food the rest you show your bank statement, what my brother in law do, was he open an account in a Canadian Bank branch in USA (RBC) and he just show his bank statement and that's it.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
avoid carrying more than 10,000 in cash (check what the law says about this) if coming from the US, do not carry that much cash you can easily withdraw from an ABM (US -ATM) ...Bank statement will suffice if you cannot go the RBC route . Or simply go for the standard travelers checks but cash ..that is a bit risky

memikoglan

Dec 25, 2007
Thank you for your replies but I am not in US I am going to make entry from Turkey. I am not sure which bank I would use here. Maybe Citybank has a branch here in turkey.