File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Hello,
Hope all is well.
I tried asking in the settlement section, got no answer. though the EE section might be more active.

I am landing in 2 weeks, but I will not have any canadian money on hand (cash). I have bank statements from my bank in lebanon that are more than LICO though.

As far as I know, CBSA officers ask about whether you have enough money to support yourself, would it matter if I don't have canadian cash and if I only show the bank statement and tell them that i will transfer this money to the canadian bank account as soon as I open one?

thing is, i don't need cash because i will be greeted by my cousin who will give me money until i get my financial issues sorted with the bank.

Regards,

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hello,
Hope all is well.
I tried asking in the settlement section, got no answer. though the EE section might be more active.

I am landing in 2 weeks, but I will not have any canadian money on hand (cash). I have bank statements from my bank in lebanon that are more than LICO though.

As far as I know, CBSA officers ask about whether you have enough money to support yourself, would it matter if I don't have canadian cash and if I only show the bank statement and tell them that i will transfer this money to the canadian bank account as soon as I open one?

thing is, i don't need cash because i will be greeted by my cousin who will give me money until i get my financial issues sorted with the bank.

Regards,
مبروك
As far as I know you are good since you have enough money in Lebanon and it's easy to transfer it once settled in Canada.
All the best

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
مبروك
As far as I know you are good since you have enough money in Lebanon and it's easy to transfer it once settled in Canada.
All the best
That's great.
Thank you Hanaan, and good luck!

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hi guys!

I got PPR and I'll be landing in Canada in the next few months.

My question is, for my settlement funds to bring with me, should I bring only USD/CAD? Or am I allowed to bring the entire settlement funds in my country's currency? I'm from the Philippines and using my settlement funds to buy USD/CAD will bring down the value of my money and I'll lose quite a significant amount--enough to make me not meet the minimum requirements for immigration. However, if I bring money in my currency and use the general average currency conversion to calculate the approximate value of my currency in CAD, I will meet the minimum and even go a bit beyond.

Please advise. Thank you!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi guys!

I got PPR and I'll be landing in Canada in the next few months.

My question is, for my settlement funds to bring with me, should I bring only USD/CAD? Or am I allowed to bring the entire settlement funds in my country's currency? I'm from the Philippines and using my settlement funds to buy USD/CAD will bring down the value of my money and I'll lose quite a significant amount--enough to make me not meet the minimum requirements for immigration. However, if I bring money in my currency and use the general average currency conversion to calculate the approximate value of my currency in CAD, I will meet the minimum and even go a bit beyond.

Please advise. Thank you!
Of course showing more than what you need is more important imo,so do that and anyways you dont need to get the whole amount in cash,you can bringg some cash and the rest as bank statements,if you bring more than 10,000 you have to declare