+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Foreign Work Experience under Express Entry

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Hi folks,

Once we get an invitation how can we prove that we have foreign work experience?

I have four-year foreign work experience under NOC B.

Is there any document checklist for foreign work experience proof?

In another word, what are the documents that we need to provide?

Thanks a lot, guys!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to get work reference letters with the following details to validate foreign work experience.

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status
(if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Thank you Asivad Anac!

Do we need to notarize all the doecuments that you quoted?

I am wondering if CIC has any official explanation about Foreign Work Experience supporting documents. Stuff about it that I recently read is very general and wording is so ambiguous...

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
In my case I have a Foreign Work Experience (under Express Entry) for which I have only the below supporting docs:
1. Appointment Letter (states salary)
2. Increment Letter (states salary)
3. Relieving Letter (states title and tenure dates)
4. All paystubs

None of the above states "full time", "job description" or "roles and responsibilities" details. I can't obtain the experience letter with these details because the company is out of business and closed 2 years back.

Any workaround for this situation? Or is there a chance that the VO might reject my file as incomplete if i were to include the above experience?
This does not fall under my primary NOC, but the work experience will give me extra CRS Points.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vvarma said:
In my case I have a Foreign Work Experience (under Express Entry) for which I have only the below supporting docs:
1. Appointment Letter (states salary)
2. Increment Letter (states salary)
3. Relieving Letter (states title and tenure dates)
4. All paystubs

None of the above states "full time", "job description" or "roles and responsibilities" details. I can't obtain the experience letter with these details because the company is out of business and closed 2 years back.

Any workaround for this situation? Or is there a chance that the VO might reject my file as incomplete if i were to include the above experience?
This does not fall under my primary NOC, but the work experience will give me extra CRS Points.
These evidences alone wouldn't get you those additional points because there is no evidence that this was a NOC 0/A/B gig. The workaround is to get a notarized declaration from an ex-colleague/supervisor about your job responsibilities and attaching that along with all the other evidences and an LOE wherein you politely request the officer to consider this as valid evidence towards that work experience and highlight your inability to get a reference letter in the right format because the organization folded up 2 years ago.

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hi vvarma,

I saw your this post regarding Foreign work exp. I've the same question for you as my company is also folded up I think before 2 -3 years ago and I don't have job duties mentioned on my exp letter - I hope you already got your PR. What Foreign work exp documents you show to CIC ?

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi, everyone. I was just wondering if instead of "annual salary plus benefits", would it be accepted as just "monthly salary"? (my previous employer wrote just this information) Any opinion from who had the same issue or who are experts in the field, is more than welcome. Thank you! Regards,

Reactions: Umesh Jain

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi, everyone. I was just wondering if instead of "annual salary plus benefits", would it be accepted as just "monthly salary"? (my previous employer wrote just this information) Any opinion from who had the same issue or who are experts in the field, is more than welcome. Thank you! Regards,
1. Monthly salary should be fine.

imranbergi

May 15, 2018
Hello
My wife is working full time with an reputed English software company established in London as a software developer from past 3 years.
We are residing in Saudi Arabia
Does this experience will be counted for express entry as she is the primary applicant...

div velu

Apr 29, 2018
Hello
My wife is working full time with an reputed English software company established in London as a software developer from past 3 years.
We are residing in Saudi Arabia
Does this experience will be counted for express entry as she is the primary applicant...
Yes it should be as long she can provide proof of employment

Hardik1234.3

Jan 13, 2019
Hi, i have question. I am applying under cec express entry and i have a foriegn experience of 1 year under noc b. That requires a graduation in employment requirement. But i am not claiming points for graduation as i dont have wes for it. Will it still be valid?

Katvan

Jul 28, 2017
Hello,

I have a question.
For the evidence of foreign work experience, I can get a reference letter with all detailes from my previous company, but I don't have pay stubs because it was 7-10 years ago. I asked my previous company to print them again, but they don't keep them anymore because it's long time ago.
How can I do for this situation?