+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship

Sarzii

Nov 2, 2023
Hello,

I'm currently applying for my son's citizenship certificate who was born abroad in Bangladesh as i came here for a visit but couldn't travel back to Canada due to pregnancy complications. The application is asking for current address. Should I put my Canadian home address or the Bangladeshi temporary address I'm with my son currently staying at?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
List the address of the place where you will live during the application processing. If you're only going back to Canada once the baby has his document, go with the one in Bangladesh.

Reactions: Sarzii

Sarzii

Nov 2, 2023
List the address of the place where you will live during the application processing. If you're only going back to Canada once the baby has his document, go with the one in Bangladesh.
thank you for replying. He is an infant. I’m applying on an urgent basis but if they process it as a regular case, it would take months to process. I need to go back to Canada ASAP for my own health checkups, school, jobs etc.But I can’t leave him behind. In that case should I apply for temporary passport or LTVD after applying for his citizenship certificate?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sorry I'm not familiar with the procedure.
I'll let others answer this one.
What's for sure : give the Bangladesh address first, and if you and baby make it to Canada while the application is still ongoing, you can notify IRCC and change the address afterwards.
good luck!