+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship

erica14

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hi I just wanna ask how long does it take for a minor to receive the certificate for proof of citizenship? the application is from the Philippines.Thank you!

nyguy2

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
USA
There's no guaranteed timeline. The standard processing time for a non-urgent application is five months (80% of applications are processed within 5 months). Then if you apply outside the US or Canada via an embassy, you have to add 3-4 months to that per the IRCC/CIC site.

If the application is processed normally then it's usually 8-9 months, but if the application goes to program support for additional processing, there is no guarantee of how long it will take and it will take longer.

nyguy2

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
USA
oh ok thank you! we have received the AOR last nov 18 bit still no update.
There's not a standard or guaranteed time to go from AOR to in process or for the decision to be made. For me, it was about a month (30 days / 22 business days) this past summer. Other people here (like Going through) have been waiting since November 3rd and still no update since the acknowledgement of receipt. I assume you're using either your UCI or your application number (listed on your AOR) to check the status of your application regularly with the online tool:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

For now, it's hold tight. You can reach out and request urgent processing if you meet the criteria for such:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/urgent-proof.asp

SuzyB0428

Apr 22, 2019
Hi I just wanna ask how long does it take for a minor to receive the certificate for proof of citizenship? the application is from the Philippines.Thank you!
Same question here. Did you receive yours already? Im in the Philippines

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
The thread is kinda old. But i think jan 2018 erika received her child's citizenship certificate.

I also applied from the philippines @SuzyB0428 on nov 28 2018. Received in Nova scotia on dec 18 2018. AOR dated Jan 28 2019. No update yet.

Are you are applying for yourself or for your kid?

SuzyB0428

Apr 22, 2019
The thread is kinda old. But i think jan 2018 erika received her child's citizenship certificate.

I also applied from the philippines @SuzyB0428 on nov 28 2018. Received in Nova scotia on dec 18 2018. AOR dated Jan 28 2019. No update yet.

Are you are applying for yourself or for your kid?
Hi Im applying for my kid who was born in the Philippines. We submitted it way back January 2018 and per the rep who answered my email, she said it is still in process as of March 2019. It's more than a year already. We applied through Canadian Embassy in the Philippines

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Did CIC update your ECAS from AOR to In process? Or did u just learn the updated status solely from the agent u spoke with?

I have this theory that applicants under 18 yo are put to a file by the immigration official to prolong the process given the benefits such allowances these applicants would be eligible to.

SuzyB0428

Apr 22, 2019
Did CIC update your ECAS from AOR to In process? Or did u just learn the updated status solely from the agent u spoke with?

I have this theory that applicants under 18 yo are put to a file by the immigration official to prolong the process given the benefits such allowances these applicants would be eligible to.
I just learned the updated status from the agent I spoke with. Really. :(

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
So your ECAS status is something like

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on XXXXXX XX, XXXX

?

SuzyB0428

Apr 22, 2019
So your ECAS status is something like

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on XXXXXX XX, XXXX

?
That's correct. Do you know anyone who experienced the same thing and how long did it take for them to get the certificate?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
I think a number of canadians by descent experience that.

Did the rep u spoke with advised u that your application was sent to program support? I hope not.

SuzyB0428

Apr 22, 2019
I think a number of canadians by descent experience that.

Did the rep u spoke with advised u that your application was sent to program support? I hope not.
No they did not say it went to program support. Rep said I can assure you the application is still in process