+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Address - Citizenship application

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
I already submitted the citizenship application fulfilling the 1095 days criteria, however, those days include Airbnb stays, along with shared accommodation with friends.

I had stayed in Airbnb for few months, and currently starting with friends in shared accommodation, for Airbnb, I have receipts for the shared accommodation, the lease is in my friend's name, and do I have to include my name as well in the lease?
In case if I asked to submit any proofs for residency in Canada, does the credit card statement hold good? as I don't have anything like utility bills or lease agreements for the shared accommodation.

Please post the views, how to handle it.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Dear All,
I already submitted the citizenship application fulfilling the 1095 days criteria, however, those days include Airbnb stays, along with shared accommodation with friends.

I had stayed in Airbnb for few months, and currently starting with friends in shared accommodation, for Airbnb, I have receipts for the shared accommodation, the lease is in my friend's name, and do I have to include my name as well in the lease?
In case if I asked to submit any proofs for residency in Canada, does the credit card statement hold good? as I don't have anything like utility bills or lease agreements for the shared accommodation.

Please post the views, how to handle it.
They mostly want to make sure if you are inside the country as they dont care about where you have resided inside the country. So you should be good. They mostly wont even ask on residence proof except for few cases. So you can submit these as you cant have utility bills for hotels. Nothing to worry. Major criteria is for satisfying the number of days inside the country.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope that's not the major ask from IRCC, as i will not be able to submit any kind of proofs like utility bills and such, im staying with friends in the shared accommodation.

Others please post your views too..