13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
The salary for the caregiver must be enough to support the family. Doesn’t make sense to approve the application for the whole family only for the family to arrive and not be able to afford the basics like housing, food, utilities, transportation, etc. The amount a nanny needs to be paid varies by location in Canada.
I guess salary can never be enough. Would you pay a caregiver a 30$ an hour if she/he has a family of 6, LICO (especially in Ontario) would be more than 60K annually? I think candidates need to explain how their spouse will contribute to household income.

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Do they plan on waiting until they all have WPs before relocating? It’s important that they try to secure WP this application because one child is 20.
Wdym? Sorry im a bit confused, my sister in law is going to apply under hccp gaining experience outside canada. And yes her 2 dependants ages 18 and 20 are going to apply for owp as well as her spouse only one is going for student permit. Thats why i am asking if POF is needed in the future so we are ready.

misayonline38

Dec 27, 2022
Hi for the submission,it says 1 file per field but there is no option for proof of education and they said it can be uploaded under others as well as the proof of ability to do the work.how does this work?
  • You can only upload 1 file per field. If you try to upload multiple files in the same field, only 1 (the last one you upload) will be saved.

Ernesto1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Wdym? Sorry im a bit confused, my sister in law is going to apply under hccp gaining experience outside canada. And yes her 2 dependants ages 18 and 20 are going to apply for owp as well as her spouse only one is going for student permit. Thats why i am asking if POF is needed in the future so we are ready.
Option 1: If all dependents will be at the age of majority, 18/19above at the time application is processed, you can apply for open work permit for all. Meaning dependent is expected to contribute to household income and decision to request for POF may be discretionary based on officers assessment.
Option2: if you choose to apply for study permit for the dependent 18above of college/university going age, then, during the processing, officer may request for offer of admission from a DLI to process the study permit. In this case you may be ask to proof funds.
Option3: if dependent child applying for study permit is a minor, at primary or high schools, where tuition fee is free in public schools-elementary or high sch. Then you do not need to proof huge funds.
The operarional manual and guidance used by ircc officers doesn't require you to proof funds under.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I guess salary can never be enough. Would you pay a caregiver a 30$ an hour if she/he has a family of 6, LICO (especially in Ontario) would be more than 60K annually? I think candidates need to explain how their spouse will contribute to household income.
When offering a position there are no guarantees that the spouse will get a job or get a job immediately. If they have young children the spouse may only be able to work certain hours if they have young children because school ends mid-afternoon and childcare costs for 4 children would be very expensive. It would not make sense for one parent to work full-time 9-5 if try had to pay after school childcare costs for 4 children. They would lose money going to work. Some nanny’s make 60k or even more in places like Toronto or Vancouver where the cost of living is very high. It also depends on how many children they may be caring for whether things like whether travel may be involved, etc. Many may not hire a nanny with such a large family because they would have to support a larger family. Unlike many places in the world, having a nanny is unaffordable to most middle-class families. In many other countries middle class families can easily afford at least one nanny, a cleaner, a gardener, often a cook and even a driver but that is because the employees make very little and struggle to feed, clothe, educate and provide housing for their own families.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Option 1: If all dependents will be at the age of majority, 18/19above at the time application is processed, you can apply for open work permit for all. Meaning dependent is expected to contribute to household income and decision to request for POF may be discretionary based on officers assessment.
Option2: if you choose to apply for study permit for the dependent 18above of college/university going age, then, during the processing, officer may request for offer of admission from a DLI to process the study permit. In this case you may be ask to proof funds.
Option3: if dependent child applying for study permit is a minor, at primary or high schools, where tuition fee is free in public schools-elementary or high sch. Then you do not need to proof huge funds.
The operarional manual and guidance used by ircc officers doesn't require you to proof funds under.
If the child has graduated high school then they can’t apply for high school in Canada. If 18, Canada is aware they should have already graduated and you would need to explain why they haven’t graduated. Given that everything is online these days it is easy to prove if people are lying so not advisable. If the child is planning on studying thry should apply for a study permit. That will be prioritized over the WP and the family will need to show enough funds to pay for tuition plus living expenses for the first year and the ability to keep affording tuition and living costs should also be apparent.