+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof for work experience Questions?

pooky

Star Member
Jan 25, 2011
Hi all,

Does it have to be the president of the company to write you the letter of reference?
If it is the head of my department, but this person doesn't have a business card, would that be sufficient?

Also, I haven't get my T4 for last year yet, but every month I get paid with this government deduction calculation paper and a cheque, on the calculation paper it says "this cannot be used as proof of earning", so how can I prove in a more official way that I made this much money?

thank you for the help!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
pooky said:
Hi all,

Does it have to be the president of the company to write you the letter of reference?

No, it should be your supervisor.

If it is the head of my department, but this person doesn't have a business card, would that be sufficient?

S/he should have a business card. If this is for some reason not possible, then be sure that the letter is on company letterhead, and that your supervisor includes his/her direct contact information in the letter.

Also, I haven't get my T4 for last year yet, but every month I get paid with this government deduction calculation paper and a cheque, on the calculation paper it says "this cannot be used as proof of earning", so how can I prove in a more official way that I made this much money?

You should have your T4 VERY SOON. I would wait for it...