+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile submission without Inland Spouse

emrul22

Aug 21, 2014
Hello,
Currently I am in PGW and my wife is in openwork permit. Both of us are living in Canada and working. With my job experiences, Canadian degree and IELTS, If i apply alone without wife points for express entry are good enough. However, adding wife on the application reduces point significantly and there is no possibility of getting call for invitation. My question is if i apply alone without wife would it raise a question why didn't i add her on my application? or is it gonna be miss representation?

Thanks

Emrul

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello,
Currently I am in PGW and my wife is in openwork permit. Both of us are living in Canada and working. With my job experiences, Canadian degree and IELTS, If i apply alone without wife points for express entry are good enough. However, adding wife on the application reduces point significantly and there is no possibility of getting call for invitation. My question is if i apply alone without wife would it raise a question why didn't i add her on my application? or is it gonna be miss representation?

Thanks

Emrul
If you add your spouse and she has given IELTS, you'll get points for that. And you said, she's working too. So points are right there (provided that NOC she's working in is eligible).
These are three places where you get points from Spouse.
CRS – Spouse – Level of Education
CRS – Spouse – First Official Language Proficiency
CRS – Spouse – Canadian Work Experience

I think you can apply but if you add her later it may increase your processing time. And most of all, she is there on your file, if she's on SOWP. It might be questionable, but I am not 100% sure for that.

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,
If you are married, you must include your spouse (you cannot claim to be single, that would be misrepresentation). An applicant whose spouse does not intend to immigrate can list the spouse as "non-accompanying" and preserve the right for family class sponsorship at a later date. However, you would be trying to claim "non-accompanying" when your spouse is already here, so that claim is not credible, and yes, IRCC could ask questions about why - and "I needed more points" is not going to be considered a legit reason. People whose spouses are not in Canada can make that work for them, but I don't think you can. Nothing to stop you from trying, but I would not expect a positive outcome.

As long as you are honest, it is not misrepresentation.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hello,

Thanks

Emrul
Hey, mate. What did you end up doing?

Shaunak sharma

Sep 10, 2019
Hello,

Thanks

Emrul
Hi dear,

I’m in same situation. What did you do? Can you please guide me

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
I am in the same boat. My wife is currently studying and I am here on OWP. I will be eligible under CEC before she graduates (Feb) and points for applying alone are 494 whereas after including her (without ECA, IELTS, Canadian education) are only 463. Wondering what to do and to be caught on the bad side of things.

Sandhu@12

Oct 14, 2020
Hello,

Thanks

Emrul
Hi , I am in same almost same situation got ITA with listed in land spouse as non accompanying. Heard mixed reviews that you can not list in land spouse as non accompanying. Now I am really confused whether or not to process with application, including my husband in file will decrease theCRS score. Was your file a success?- insights would be greatly helpful. Thanks

Sandhu@12

Oct 14, 2020
I am in the same boat. My wife is currently studying and I am here on OWP. I will be eligible under CEC before she graduates (Feb) and points for applying alone are 494 whereas after including her (without ECA, IELTS, Canadian education) are only 463. Wondering what to do and to be caught on the bad side of things.
[/QUOTE
Hi, I am in same situation what did you end up doing? I even got professional advise but getting mixed responses.