+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Professional CV and resume?

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
Hey there!

I just found this great site. i'm an Canadian citizen and lived the past 18 years in Switzerland.
Now me and my girlfriend (we're together now for eight years) want to relocate to Vancouver BC. It's gonna be in the mid of July.
The application form (family class) is mostly done and gets sent in, in a few days.

Because I only worked in Switzerland ( I was about 8 years old as we left Canada) I'm considering to let the professionals write my CV and resume.
Would you recommand it? If yes, you know a good source to get it?
I'm a 26 year old computer scientist ( 4 year apprenticeship).

And... Do i need to translate my german references? I scrolled through different job offerings and none of them asked for references. Mostly they only asked for the resume and sometimes the CV?

Thanks a lot !

odus

Apr 18, 2011
Hi,Wie geht es dir?und alles familier?Aber ich denke die Canadian brachte normal CV mit gute explanationen.
Danke.
Mit freundlischen grussen.
odus

malikzeeshan

Apr 14, 2011
Dear,
sir i am very poor boy please u help me. sir please give me only one chance. give me Canada visa. please regard.

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
European resumes are very different then Canadian resumes, so it's a good idea to review how the format and content need to be different.

A good resource is www.careego.com, this is written by Canadian Human Resource Professionals and there are many examples of Canadian styled resumes and 'how to's'. You can see 80% of the site for free. If you want to view the samples and then get someone to critique your resume, you can investigate the premium membership and see if that would also provide you value.

Re your references, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them translated. While in Canada companies prefer to speak to references (so have this contact information also available), having your references translated wouldn't hurt

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
Canadian Career Coach said:
Re your references, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them translated. While in Canada companies prefer to speak to references (so have this contact information also available), having your references translated wouldn't hurt
Hey thanks for the link.
About translating the references... Do you know a good company for that? Some of my relatives moved to Australia, and they had a very bad experience with letting a company translate their references. The translation was really bad and they had to make changes by themself.