+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prof of support without work

Monte!

Feb 22, 2019
I am trying to get my wife's residency in Canada. I am a citizen and so is my son. We plan to move the whole family to Canada once she is issued the Visa/Residency. However, I will lose my current job because it is not remote.

Anyone have any tips on how to prove that? I have a letter from my sister saying we will be staying with them until we are available to get our own place. Maybe bank statements of our savings?

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I am trying to get my wife's residency in Canada. I am a citizen and so is my son. We plan to move the whole family to Canada once she is issued the Visa/Residency. However, I will lose my current job because it is not remote.

Anyone have any tips on how to prove that? I have a letter from my sister saying we will be staying with them until we are available to get our own place. Maybe bank statements of our savings?
Yes, substantial amount of savings, assets. Providing an explanation that you are currently looking for work does help with reasons as to why you lost your previous one

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

It's fine to show your current income. Generally, if you are working now, IRCC accepts that you will find a job when you get back to Canada. You should also provide on plan on how you will support yourselves in Canada.