+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing times ... hmmm?

L

limanoid

Hi, I just submitted my application to sponsor my spouse to Mississauga and they received it September 10. I checked out the application processing times for there and they say processing times for applications received up to August 9 is 39 days.

So the next batch of applicants will be those who were submitted August 10-September 18 -- 39 days after they finish the applicants up to August 9th? Or how does this work...? It's confusing!

And what do they mean by "processed"? Do they mean it will be completely looked through and sent to the embassy of the sponsored person or wherever the next stage is (in my case, Quebec)? Or just that they will begin to look at it 39 days after it's received?

Essentially, I trying to figure out when they will look at mine.

So... 2 days gone, hopefully no more than 363 days left to go...

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
The way I understand it is that it will take them 39 days to process i.e. approve or not approve your application, therefore you should have your sponsorship decision by 19th October, then they send it onto the next stage.

Hope that makes sense and if I'm wrong would be great to find out for me as well.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

limanoid said:
Hi, I just submitted my application to sponsor my spouse to Mississauga and they received it September 10. I checked out the application processing times for there and they say processing times for applications received up to August 9 is 39 days.

So the next batch of applicants will be those who were submitted August 10-September 18 -- 39 days after they finish the applicants up to August 9th? Or how does this work...? It's confusing!

And what do they mean by "processed"? Do they mean it will be completely looked through and sent to the embassy of the sponsored person or wherever the next stage is (in my case, Quebec)? Or just that they will begin to look at it 39 days after it's received?

Essentially, I trying to figure out when they will look at mine.

So... 2 days gone, hopefully no more than 363 days left to go...
No, it means they are processing applications received on August 9, when those are finished they will start on August 10th and so on.
All they check at Mississauga is if the sponsor is eligible and the fee is there, then it is sent to the processing office.
In your case, since you are residing in Quebec, the following will happen

"If you are found eligible to sponsor, you will receive a letter from CIC's Case Processing Centre telling you how to proceed with the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC). You have to include a copy of this letter with the sponsorship application submitted to the MICC."

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
my wife who is from newfoundland has sent our application to Mississauga on june,it got received on 18th june,,,and still nothing from them,we called them,and those agents who answered the phon,say they dont know anything,,the only thing they can see,is that it shows received,,,,
it's 3 months now
i really dont understand what is going on

L

limanoid

gladiateur19 said:
my wife who is from newfoundland has sent our application to Mississauga on june,it got received on 18th june,,,and still nothing from them,we called them,and those agents who answered the phon,say they dont know anything,,the only thing they can see,is that it shows received,,,,
it's 3 months now
I hope for you that it turns up soon. Goodluck!

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
gladiateur19 said:
it's 3 months now
hi there,
actually, it's a normal feeling waiting for our application. that was also my feeling when I waited my application until I got approved. Anyway, once you sent your application to CIC in Mississauga I'm definitely sure they process it immediately with the timeline stated on CIC website, however there are some instances that might cause like incomplete forms, holidays, delayed mails and etc.
You can check your application status at www.cic.gc.ca.

Thank you

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
gladiateur19 said:
it's 3 months now
well come to the club.. :p
I feel like time is moving so slowly. We were approved in July by Mississauga. And no word from the embassy on the status of the application in my homeland. So it seems that everyone has delays at all points in the process. Maybe you will have a delay there but not a delay at the embassy. Keep your hopes up.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
vinz said:
hi there,
actually, it's a normal feeling waiting for our application. that was also my feeling when I waited my application until I got approved. Anyway, once you sent your application to CIC in Mississauga I'm definitely sure they process it immediately with the timeline stated on CIC website, however there are some instances that might cause like incomplete forms, holidays, delayed mails and etc.
You can check your application status at www.cic.gc.ca.

Thank you
thank you very much,,,i tried to check it many times,it doesnt work,,,,it's almost 3 months now since my application is there,and still nothing,,,i really dont understand
thank you very much,for your messages all of you

midnightmav

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
04-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
It took 6 weeks for them to approve sponsorship (application sent in June) and then Mississauga forwards it on to your country of origin's main office (I'm assuming it's outbound through Mississauga). Then it takes anywhere from 3 to 12 months - depending on where you're from.

I am also in Quebec, they will send you a letter about what to do for applying to Quebec (it's a separate application process) after you get sponsorship approval.

Unfortunately the whole process takes quite some months, feels like forever. Just be patient and when in doubt, double check the CIC website about processing times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
midnightmav said:
It took 6 weeks for them to approve sponsorship (application sent in June) and then Mississauga forwards it on to your country of origin's main office (I'm assuming it's outbound through Mississauga). Then it takes anywhere from 3 to 12 months - depending on where you're from.

I am also in Quebec, they will send you a letter about what to do for applying to Quebec (it's a separate application process) after you get sponsorship approval.

Unfortunately the whole process takes quite some months, feels like forever. Just be patient and when in doubt, double check the CIC website about processing times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
my wife isnt from quebec,she is from newfoundland,and when she sent the application,the processing timeline was only 42 days,,,now it has been there 3 months,and still nothing,,,,
and im from morocco,,,,

midnightmav

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
04-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
gladiateur19 said:
my wife isnt from quebec,she is from newfoundland,and when she sent the application,the processing timeline was only 42 days,,,now it has been there 3 months,and still nothing,,,,
and im from morocco,,,,
Sorry @gladiateur19 I was responding to @limanoid regarding the Quebec letters.

The 42 days is in regard to getting the sponsorship approved. It is then another long wait for ppr approval. The time depends on which office you are being processed through. But it can be anything from 3 to 14 months.

And like Vinz says there can always be delays. Don't be too worried, if there's a problem they usually let you know.

L

limanoid

midnightmav said:
Sorry @ gladiateur19 I was responding to @ limanoid regarding the Quebec letters.

The 42 days is in regard to getting the sponsorship approved. It is then another long wait for ppr approval. The time depends on which office you are being processed through. But it can be anything from 3 to 14 months.

And like Vinz says there can always be delays. Don't be too worried, if there's a problem they usually let you know.
Thanks midnightmav for the clarification. In your experience, did the process for Quebec sponsorship approval take long? My husband would like to take the (free) online French class that Quebec offers once you are approved.

midnightmav

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
04-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
limanoid said:
Thanks midnightmav for the clarification. In your experience, did the process for Quebec sponsorship approval take long? My husband would like to take the (free) online French class that Quebec offers once you are approved.
After I received a letter telling me to send the Quebec application, I have heard nothing from Quebec. No idea how long that takes :(, but I'll get back to you if they contact me to let you know. It's a really good idea to take any online course you can find. As soon as possible (I do a free podcast on itunes) the more you know, the better.