+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time

Gyulite

Sep 19, 2017
So I will be april 2021 applicant soon.

I've been reading threads in this forum and I am surprised there are even 2019 applicants who haven't got citizenship yet.

So processing time that is written on cic which 12 months is plain lie I suppose?

Should I assume that it takes 18-24 months at this point?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
So I will be april 2021 applicant soon.

I've been reading threads in this forum and I am surprised there are even 2019 applicants who haven't got citizenship yet.

So processing time that is written on cic which 12 months is plain lie I suppose?

Should I assume that it takes 18-24 months at this point?
It's not a lie, it's just how badly COVID has impacted the system. Before the pandemic, routine applications could finalize in 12 months easily. At the moment there are huge backlogs on applications, according to their website, they are finalizing applications from March 31 to April 6, 2019. Assume that is accurate, the backlog is quite severe, and yes, exactly 2 years of delay.

And yes, 18-24 months of waiting sounds reasonable but not absolute, as they are now working to solve the backlog, timeframe may reduce gradually. For now, that sounds about right.

Reactions: safety008

Gyulite

Sep 19, 2017
It's not a lie, it's just how badly COVID has impacted the system. Before the pandemic, routine applications could finalize in 12 months easily. At the moment there are huge backlogs on applications, according to their website, they are finalizing applications from March 31 to April 6, 2019. Assume that is accurate, the backlog is quite severe, and yes, exactly 2 years of delay.

And yes, 18-24 months of waiting sounds reasonable but not absolute, as they are now working to solve the backlog, timeframe may reduce gradually. For now, that sounds about right.
With my passport and policy within my country, I can only visit my family 6 months a year (with backward calculation so it doesn't reset even after a year passes). So about two more years with this status is quite sad and depressing. But then again, I guess it's stressful for everyone waiting for it...

I was actually thinking of applying online but seeing how slow it is, I am kinda discouraged. What is your take on it?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
With my passport and policy within my country, I can only visit my family 6 months a year (with backward calculation so it doesn't reset even after a year passes). So about two more years with this status is quite sad and depressing. But then again, I guess it's stressful for everyone waiting for it...

I was actually thinking of applying online but seeing how slow it is, I am kinda discouraged. What is your take on it?
A 6 month visit is a long time. Most people working in Canada get 2-3 weeks of holidays.