Why the Delay?

• Why

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How Long

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Banky

Aug 28, 2006
I applied for PR in canada in Nov. 2001 from Nigeria. On the 18th of October 2005, a request was sent to me for more documents from the canadian high commission in Ghana. The document I sent included the IELTS exam result. In the request, it was mentioned that "There now exists an opportunity for accelerated processing of your case. Once the information and/or documentation requested is received, your application will be reviewed and a decision will then be made as to whether an interview is required". I have waited for about a year now since then for instruction from the high commission to proceed for my medicals. Can you communicate some words to me about the loooooooong delay concerning my medicals and other related issues? Please reply.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Hi Banky,

I am also from Nigeria. About your case I really don't know what is responsible for the delay of your application, most of my friends that applied in 2001 are just collecting their visas (after 5 years!)

Sometimes this is where the services of an attorney really helps. Nevertheless I think you can email the Canadian High Commission in Accra kind of reminding them about the status of your application but we have to be careful here because I heard they don't like been disturbed regarding enquires about PR applications.

Just be positive I am sure you'll be called soon. They are about clearing and finishing the 2000 and 2001 application backlogs.
All the best brother!!

Banky

Aug 28, 2006
Thanks, Yemkik
After a whole year of no response from Ghana, I decided to e-mail them. A reply from them is that my application is in queue for interview which will come up soon. I have requested for my CAIPSNOTE from CIC to enable me know what exactly is the reason for the interview. I wll keep you guys posted about this development. Cheers!

Banky

Aug 28, 2006
Non accompany Family Members

PMM
I am the principal applicant and stated that my family members will not accompany me to Canada but will join me later. Right from the onset, I have included their documents with mine.
Quastion: Will the Visa be issued to me only for now and that of my family members later, or will it be issued together but that they will not accompany me?

mikeramma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2006
Canada
hey

i think what is delaying ur application is the background checks. The embassy will call you for security interview , after that the results will be sent to otawa where a decision will be taken about UR BG CHECKS then, the final stage in ur application begins leading to the visa issuance
good luck

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Non accompany Family Members

Hi

Banky said:
PMM
I am the principal applicant and stated that my family members will not accompany me to Canada but will join me later. Right from the onset, I have included their documents with mine.
Quastion: Will the Visa be issued to me only for now and that of my family members later, or will it be issued together but that they will not accompany me?
1. It will only be issued to you, although your family will still have to have medicals and background/security/criminal records checks.
2. You then will be required to sponsor them when you wish them to come to Canada.

PMM