+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME-STUDY PERMIT IN UAE-HELP!!

aishwarya271

May 14, 2015
I had submitted my study permit application via an agent in Oman to VFS Abu Dhabi on 19th March 2015.

Few days later VFS asked me to send a new cheque for processing as per their revised rates which I did and sent them on 26th March 2015. From then till now I haven't received any feedback or mails from them. Its been 7 weeks. I got the tracking number via my agent and when I type it in the VFS site, it shows my visa is being processed in the Canada Visa office, Abu Dhabi.

I desperately need my passport back and I don't want to cancel the application too.

Is the maximum lead time 8 weeks? If it goes beyond 8 weeks, can I directly check with VFS? In case, I plan to cancel the application, how fast will I receive my passport.

Please help guys...

aishwarya271

May 14, 2015
But till den will VFS site show the same " YOUR TRACKING ID NO. IS being processed in Canada Visa Office, Abu Dhabi"?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
It's gonna be 8 weeks for me. Tomorrow and it was supposed to take only 4 weeks in my embassy... I Submitted medicals 2 days ago though...

So I think that you shouldn't worry... Send them a case specific inquiry... And ask them specifically where art you standing regarding your application and an stimated time for it to be completed..

VFS is not gonna tell you anything.... They have nothing to do with processing... They won't even know what is happening with you application.. Their only function is to recept documents send them and receive passports from. Embassy give it back to you...

Be patient...

aishwarya271

May 14, 2015
My reason for impatience is because I have got admission in India 2 days backs and I plan to go for that. So I need my passport before 2 nd week of June as I have to be there. I don't know if I should cancel or wait for the visa. I thought since it is going to be 8 weeks by next week, I will wait as I will get passport by then. So I can't wait for long.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You are good then... You should get a final answer soon.. But sending a case specific inquiry is your best bet to find out what's happening with your application

aishwarya271

May 14, 2015
Thanks for the assurance. But you said your embassy is supposed to take 4 weeks and now it is 8. Is there any specific reason for this delay? You had to go through any documentation or medical?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
In fact there is....

I was Permanent Resident in Canada but failed to accomplish to requirements of it and I was asked 1 week after submitting my application to Voluntarily Renounce Permanent Resident status... Or appeal... Since didn't want to wait for appeal because it might take over a year I did so.. That's why supposedly it has been so long for me...

Then medical where requested last Friday and submitted 2 days ago...

So I shove getting it soon..

zacolas

Apr 13, 2010
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2010
Hello guys,

I submitted my study permits application online on the 28th of March, 2015 to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi and done my biometric on the 29th of March 2015 VFS Doha, Qatar, then after some hours, I received a message in email box saying “Your application has been updated please sign in to your MyCIC account but while I checked MyCIC account there was no update. Below is the status of my application

Application details

Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached Not Started

On the 28th of April, 2015, I got another message in my mail box “Your application has been updated please sign in to your MyCIC account but I checked MyCIC account and no updates was avail. Today, it completed 7 weeks that I had submitted my application online till now no medical request or any updates or application is in process.

Please, is there anyone with similar case because as at present I’m seriously worried and don’t know what do to at this point in time, please help me out on what to do.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Dude I got request for Medical examination 1 week ago exactly the day 7 weeks and 1 day had gone by... So my case was similar too yours...

I have already submitted my medicals and I am eaitin7for final decision...

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zacolas said:
Hello guys,

I submitted my study permits application online on the 28th of March, 2015 to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi and done my biometric on the 29th of March 2015 VFS Doha, Qatar, then after some hours, I received a message in email box saying “Your application has been updated please sign in to your MyCIC account but while I checked MyCIC account there was no update. Below is the status of my application

Application details

Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached Not Started

On the 28th of April, 2015, I got another message in my mail box “Your application has been updated please sign in to your MyCIC account but I checked MyCIC account and no updates was avail. Today, it completed 7 weeks that I had submitted my application online till now no medical request or any updates or application is in process.

Please, is there anyone with similar case because as at present I'm seriously worried and don't know what do to at this point in time, please help me out on what to do.
Those update message are same for everyone, for every process that they are doing you will get an update message. some times you will get 4-5 of them during the process.

zacolas

Apr 13, 2010
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2010
Thanks guys, I will wait till next week and I don't hear from Abu dhabi then I will mail them on my case.

zacolas

Apr 13, 2010
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2010
@Wolfpmd3 and msh_ca, please from which countries you guys resides.